What's the story with this wrapped up pipe on this ebay Turbo T?

Just looks like insulation to me??..that's a new one to see, looks like a decent car

Seen it a couple times before.. guessing they figure it'll keep the up pipe charge cooler from the engine heat.

Looks like it may be pieces all clamped together with hose couplers and they probably wanted it to look as if it were one piece. It looks like the cover is tighter around the water pump area. They may not have been able to find a correct pipe and pieced it together.

Back in the day Kenne Bell made what they called an aftercooler. It looks to be something of that nature. Supposedly stopping the up pipe from adding heat after the IC. I thought the KB Aftercooler had fins on it though.

Probably using it to insulate it from the underhood heat......GNXs up pipes were coated for the same reason.

Back in the day Kenne Bell made what they called an aftercooler. It looks to be something of that nature. Supposedly stopping the up pipe from adding heat after the IC. I thought the KB Aftercooler had fins on it though.

My buddy has one of the Kenne Bell aftercoolers, it is just a pipe around a pipe and has to ports one on the bottom and one on the top for water to flow through.

My buddy has one of the Kenne Bell aftercoolers, it is just a pipe around a pipe and has to ports one on the bottom and one on the top for water to flow through.

Thats it. Never had one and couldn't remember how they did it.

I have one of those Kenne Bell aftercoolers. I don't remember where i got it from. I've had it over 12 years and never had any interest of installing it. As i remember they used the windshield washer reservoir and filled it with ice /water and ran hoses to the 2 ports on it to circulate the water around it using the washer pump.