What's up with my door locks?

FastB

My driver door is different on the inside than my passenger door...the locking mechanism is different...the passenger door has a coil spring and rods to unlock the door and the driver door has just rods and a pivot point. Is this normal or are these two different doors? I'm having trouble getting my new lock actuator working right on the passenger door (it's aftermarket)...it will unlock the door but won't lock it.
But I'm wondering why the doors are different....any insight and ideas on getting my actuator adjusted right?
Driver door:
driverdoor-1.png

Passenger door:
passengerdoor-1.png

It looks like the passenger assembly has been apart,judging by the hex bolt in place of a rivet.
Do both doors still have power locks?

Yup both still have power locks. The passenger wasn't locking good...I had to hit the button several times for it to actually lock...so I replaced the actuator thinking it would fix it and it does the same. It's got to be that spring setup...the driver door works great and it doesn't have the spring.

I never paid attention to my lock mechanism,while I had the door panels off.Both locks slam down at the same time when I hit the switch.

It looks like the spring is there so the lock solenoid doesn't get in the way of using the manual locks.

Here's a diagram of the passenger door,but it's not too detailed.
Rdoor.jpg

I borrowed this pic from another Gbody forum.

I did ask you which style in your other thread :)
The 3'rd arm is on my late build. Not uncommon to see the other

My assumption is that the newer extra arm prevents a seized solenoid from interfering with the key lock
And I believe I offered suggestions on how to proceed.o_O