what's your car's range on E-85?

henschman

I am strongly considering putting my Regal on e85 after i get it running again, but after doing a little research, there only seems to be one gas station that sells it in my area of the state (the station is in Oklahoma City). It will be easy enough to fill up in the OKC since I'm always passing through it to get to where I'll be living, but I'm just wondering whether my car will have the range to get to my old hometown and back, since I visit frequently. It would be nice to be able to fill up in OKC, drive to stillwater and do a little racing with my buddies, and then be able to make it back to the city. My hometown of Stillwater is about 60 miles from OKC.

How many miles do you guys usually get out of a tank?

I am strongly considering putting my Regal on e85 after i get it running again, but after doing a little research, there only seems to be one gas station that sells it in my area of the state (the station is in Oklahoma City). It will be easy enough to fill up in the OKC since I'm always passing through it to get to where I'll be living, but I'm just wondering whether my car will have the range to get to my old hometown and back, since I visit frequently. It would be nice to be able to fill up in OKC, drive to stillwater and do a little racing with my buddies, and then be able to make it back to the city. My hometown of Stillwater is about 60 miles from OKC.

How many miles do you guys usually get out of a tank?

Ahhhhhhhhh Eskimo Joe's:biggrin:

My DD gets about 20% less fuel economy vs 93 Octane.

Ty

My DD gets about 20% less fuel economy vs 93 Octane.
Ty

That sounds about right. The mileage might be better though if its all highway miles. I've noticed about the same; 20% less fuel economy with mixed driving. Better than that with highway vs highway miles.

It's all true about 20% less but man it's great running race fuel for $2.99 a gal here in michigan. I think i will be some where around an 150 miles to a full tank on E85 if that helps you out. And that's being alittle on the lead foot if you know what i mean:biggrin: :biggrin: CORN CORN CORN KEEP IT COMING
OH by the way Sam's club and Wal-mart will be getting E85 soon if things go well

in my car, i lost no mileage by running it mixed 50/50 with 87 octane, and it runs just as good at that mix as it does with almost a full tank of E85, but with more power than 93 octane and no noticable detonation at all.

My 3800 SC went from high 20's to high to mid teens, no matter how I tuned it, mpg suffered. It hated it. My LT1 went from 19-19.5 to 15.7-17.7.

Higher compression helps a lot.

in my car, i lost no mileage by running it mixed 50/50 with 87 octane, and it runs just as good at that mix as it does with almost a full tank of E85, but with more power than 93 octane and no noticable detonation at all.

that might be what i end up doing since I only have 60 lb. injectors anyway, so i can't really take full advantage of the kind of boost you can run on 85%. I figure I can still get away with 25 psi on half e-85, and that will probably be close to max duty cycle. I'll probably just have to do a little experimenting, like most guys who run it do. That's half the fun, right? :biggrin:

Oh and JOHNDEERE, yup, stilly is the home of eskimo joe's. I love free keg fridays there!