Whats Your Wastegate Set Up??

ReaL99

This is a question I have wanted to know about ever since I went with a Racegate style set up more then 10 years ago.I called Precision awhile ago and one of the guys told me that it was a terrible set up for Turbo spoolup.I have been considering changing to a THDP:confused: The theory was that the Racegate is way further from the Turbo resulting in slower spool up.Other guy's will dispute this.The car runs good but is a little soft i think for a 44 Turbo.

If it's the car in your signature with 3.73 gears, 2800 stall, ported heads, and a TE44 it should stall instantly.

Just my .02 and I run stock wastegate systems one with a BSTC though. :p

I would think you would run out of turbo quickly however but that's another story.

I'd definately look at the boost control system if you think it's at all laggy.

If it's the car in your signature with 3.73 gears, 2800 stall, ported heads, and a TE44 it should stall instantly.

Just my .02 and I run stock wastegate systems one with a BSTC though. :p

I would think you would run out of turbo quickly however but that's another story.

I'd definately look at the boost control system if you think it's at all laggy.

Well I have 28 Inch tall BFG Drag Radials which gets it close to that 3.42 Gear ratio.The Racegate is probably 15 years old but does not leak.I just think that the stock style set up would help with spool up.