Wheel Caps Keep Falling Off

thelhb

Turbo Newbie
I rotated my tires approximately six months ago and I just lost my second wheel cap. When I installed the wheel caps I installed them prior intalling the lug nuts.

I just received my new cap and I don't want to loose another one.

dumb question: Am I putting these things on wrong or is there something I can due to prevent them from falling off?

i had the same problem and it was due to using non-factory lug nuts. make sure you have the factory lug nute on the car. i put them on about 2 years ago and havent lost another one yet......HTH

Happens periodically on mine too, even with new ones (yucchh!). If your is same problem, the plastic cap seperates from the metal backing & you are left with only metal backing on the wheel. Some lucky farmer has a bunch of 'em! I tried to drive a small screw with big head into the plastic tab that holds cap onto metal ring but that just splits the plastic tab. So, now I pound a small socket onto the tab which pinches the metal flange deeper into the plastic tab...that seems to work so far. Curing that problem real soon by switching to GTA wheels. Good luck.

I fixed that problem

On the back of the cap, make sure all the little metal tabs are tight against the plastic nubs. Then mix up some quick set epoxy and cover the nubs and metal tabs.
When you reinstall the caps, hold the cap tight to the rim while tightening the lug nuts evenly all the way around.
I have not lost one since...
HTH

...mix up some quick set epoxy and cover the nubs

Wow! Where were you a yr ago? Good idea, no... Great.
Thanks Turbopete.