wheel stander

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Just out of curiosity here can you get a gn to lift the wheels off the ground with out the use of a trans brake? If so what mods are you guys running?

Slicks, suspension work, leave at very high boost, on a very sticky track.

Mods.. $$$$ :D

Mine will lift the left front wheel 1-2" with traction. I'm surprised your GN won't lift the wheels.

You can leave at high boost without a transbrake if your brakes hold the car.

i have a 70 chevelle with a stock small block 400, with 400 trans, 4.10 gears with a stock convertor that will pull left front wheel of the ground about 2 inches. it only runs 9.2's 1/8 mile.. also with drag radials.. prob the worlds slowest that will pull front wheel of ground.. i'm going to take camera with me when i go back to test and tune..

well mine was a HA car i am rebuilding an 86 motor. right now its not back together yet and i am not sure i want to put the drive train through the beating of a trans brake yet i would still like to see the front end come up a little bit thanks for the info guys!!

Fantastic thread guys. I have been dying to find out at what point can I get the front wheel(s) to life off the ground.
Is it possible with a 12.5 second GN with Slicks and Line lock?

I can get the front wheels of my Grand National off the ground about 19 inches......I really love my floorjack.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I dunno bout a gn but my dads 69 gs 455 all steel including buick rallys lifted them when he sprayed it with a power shot 125 hp nitrous kit out of the hole..it would lift the left front about a foot and the right front like 3 inches...He took the buick rallys off and added telstars and hoosier street slicks and just recently lifted the left front on the street from a traffic light on his way to the hot rod power tour without spraying it...my neighbor in his monte kept tryin to race my pops light to light..When he finally went ahead and did it, tom was like :eek: :eek: :eek: i need a big block lmfao!!!! He also just broke his moroso 12 bolt posi doin his trademark driveway burnout!!! :eek: :mad: Gotta love that buick torque!!! It runs 12.50s on motor

Big wheelies look cool................ but believe me, they scare the crap out of you and are very hard on the car!!

Rear Suspension geometry will dictate whether a car will tend to lift the front wheels under hard accel.

Lifting the wheels is counter-productive to go fast!! You want the car to go forward not UP!

Dave

wheelie20camaro69wl2.jpg

116_0703_01_z+1969_chevrolet_camaro+wheelstand.jpg

116_0703_06_z+1969_chevrolet_camaro+land.jpg

I pulled the left front pretty good on our local (concrete) "road" against a LS GTO on a healthy dose of spray. Hydroboost, hoosier dr's, Edelbrock rear adjustable upper's set to -4*, and leaving off the footbrake at around 12 psi= :) GTO lost btw.:cool:

Big wheelies look cool................ but believe me, they scare the crap out of you and are very hard on the car!!

Rear Suspension geometry will dictate whether a car will tend to lift the front wheels under hard accel.

Lifting the wheels is counter-productive to go fast!! You want the car to go forward not UP!

Dave

I agree completely ! Before I went with the trans brake I could lift the left front. Now it goes straight up and out. According to my FAST logs it shows that I lift the accelerator. Definatly counter productive.

Mine will lift the driveside a little off the ground on the street with the help of some "pimp juice" if its on slicks.