Where did Buddy Ingersoll go?

it's the new thing......getting something for nothing. (read welfare, national healthcare, free schooling, food stamps, free housing, ect.) ...............................................................................these things i payed for with our tax dollars to help those who cannot help themselves...........but as you say this is the way it is now.....sorry, i fully paid my way and believe reach around to your beltloop and pick your ass up......a free ride never gets you where you want to go, you just show up with that dumb look on your face...........

This will now be in my sig.

Buddy, do you have any of the parts that made up your infamous turbo buick ? It sure would be cool if that car could be put back together and preserved in a museum..

Awesome, the opportunity to post on the same thread as a living legend. Thanks for the opportunity Buddy/TB.com and everyone have a Merry Christmas.

those( parts)... are locked away as well as the applications....its a living museum your talking about, everytime you guys stomp on the accelerator in a turbo buick your adding another page to history.......

racing to win is serious and costly in money and time but that said the people in the stands are racing too and deserve the respect since they have came out to cheer you on. NO one is better than anyone else and as long as your not in the focus or way of racing a hand shake and thank you is the least you can do to a smiling fan. love signing those large breasts:biggrin: merry christmas and remember those who dont have........

That quote is sigworthy

Welcome to the site Buddy.

Good to hear some of your stories, got anymore for us ?

Thanks

BW

I got one...

Other than Barry Grant who did you crew and/or work for in drag racing and why are you no longer doing it??

pick a subject,workin on 70 years of them.....:D

After i was reading this small quote in feb 01 from competition plus:

Ingersoll compared today's turbos to his back then, "They have turbos out there running now that have E.F.I, but when I ran it, it was all mechanical. You had to reach in their, break the nuts loose and put a different jet in it, just like you do a carburetor. Where with the E.F.I., they just look at the computer and punch a button and everything changes on it."

Taken from Six Bangin'

I was wondering, since you were running mechanical injection, does that play a key role in making power with these cars.
Today, common rail diesels run higher pressures to make more power with smaller motors... Now the caddy 3.5 is the first that i know runs SUPER HIGH PRESSURE to make more power in a GASOLINE engine...

What pressures were you running back then to make the motor make so much power?

Thanks

BW

Other than Barry Grant who did you crew and/or work for in drag racing and why are you no longer doing it??
..........................................................................................gm,chrysler and all top draggers,tech advisor, they send a private jets and limos i fix they race if they listen they win,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im tired!:eek:

Buddy, first of all, THANKS!!!

I saw you race in Tulsa, around 1986/87, had my GN at the time, and you were great to watch, really added to owning a GN in that time period...

You and Jack Roush's IMSA Merkur xr4ti really opened people's eyes to the potential of the turbo small cube engines....

The 70-80's were the best for all forms of racing...NHRA, Nascar, IMSA...
Most of these series are simply spec series now....Nobody can invent a better mousetrap, really BORING now!!

Thanks again for posting here....

Mark

Let's see...........

Buddy Ingersoll

Smokey Yunick

Harry Ricardo

My short list. Wealth of knowlege.

I have been building race engines for over 30 years, some of it professionally. (2,240 cid Aircraft V-12's) and still go back and read Smokey's stuff (among many others) and remember things I have forgotten.

Hey Buddy, write a book. You'll sell a ton of them. Great way to suppliment a retirement fund.

Let's see...........

Buddy Ingersoll

Smokey Yunick

Harry Ricardo

My short list. Wealth of knowlege.

I have been building race engines for over 30 years, some of it professionally. (2,240 cid Aircraft V-12's) and still go back and read Smokey's stuff (among many others) and remember things I have forgotten.

Hey Buddy, write a book. You'll sell a ton of them. Great way to suppliment a retirement fund.

Got to agree with you Ken. If you decide to write a book I'll buy one if you include the info one how you built the Buick motors.:biggrin:

welcome Buddy, We are honored to have you here. Your name has been mentioned here hundreds of times :)

Do you have any pics of you racing the turbo buick back in the day that we haven't seen ? Like some interior photos etc.. ?

Pics Od Buddy

A friend of mine took these and sent them to me.This was before I had a Buick(we all must grow up) LOL.Thanks Buddy for starting such a craze.

Attachments

• Indy%20Buddy%201987%20b[1].JPG
    Indy%20Buddy%201987%20b[1].JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Indy%20Buddy%201987%20c[1].JPG
    Indy%20Buddy%201987%20c[1].JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Indy%20Buddy%201987%20d[1].JPG
    Indy%20Buddy%201987%20d[1].JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Indy%20Buddy%201987%20e[1].JPG
    Indy%20Buddy%201987%20e[1].JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Buddy Ingersol.JPG
    Buddy Ingersol.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 321
Hey Buddy, how did you get started racing turbo buicks ? Were you surprised at the success you achieved ? Seeing that you went in such a different direction then everyone else at the time....

Cool pictures!!! Where have you been Buddy you have'nt posted in awhile.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a good New Year! We are all looking forward to meeting you in March at the TB.com Nats.

SW.