Where Is Stage 2 Tube Chassis Riv

stevefastv6

turboriv
I Think It Belonged To Rick May It Was Green I Think? I' M A Simlar Riv
Not Sure Where To Post This Question? It's 95 To 98 Riv I Saw A Year Ago Or So Thanks

wow thats racking my brain .... "maybe" someone who runs an "opel" :confused: I remember reading about it as a new "toy" :biggrin:

If it is Schmidt you are talking about, I doubt you will ever see that car hit the track, he is too scared of Bamford.

Car is coming together. Chassis is finished, powdercoated, and the body is on the chassis. DLS motor and Liberty are in the car. Car is going to be wired the second week in March. Hope to be testing sometime in June. :biggrin:

Got to get something done because the BigBlock Bulldog guys are going to be flying.

Opel went 7.58 @ 182 MPH last week at Bradenton.

I OWN BAMFORD !

John,

From the sound of it you don't have to worry too much about V8 bulldogs. :( I think Mike will have an aluminum block before Dick gets any blocks delivered.
Too bad, I'd consider a twin turbo BBB if a decent block were available.

Dave

turbodave231 said:
John,

From the sound of it you don't have to worry too much about V8 bulldogs. :( I think Mike will have an aluminum block before Dick gets any blocks delivered.
Too bad, I'd consider a twin turbo BBB if a decent block were available.

Dave
What's this about a twin turbo BBB? Thats my next project, I'm just on the lookout for a good used 76 455 block that I might girdle. I'm not out to make crazy power, probably 700hp or so at the crank. I'd probably put it in a 67-69 Riviera which I might be willing to 'cage. Now just to figure out how to get a LT1 computer to run a BBB.....

700 HP with a single turbo should be no problem and have alot less plumbing and expense. A single turbo engine could look like the big brother to the 3.8 LC2 engine.

Why use an LT1 ECU? The ECU's used with Gen III V8 have COP and should be alot easier to configure for an application like the BBB. Heck the ECU wouldn't know what V8 engine it's running!

If the Bulldog ever gets made, it should be a very strong piece. With the right reciprocating assembly, It could handle serious amounts of Nitrous, as well as Blowers, Turbos etc. If this block ever gets made, It ought to make the die hard Buick engine enthusiasts more competitive.

turbodave231 said:
700 HP with a single turbo should be no problem and have alot less plumbing and expense. A single turbo engine could look like the big brother to the 3.8 LC2 engine.

Why use an LT1 ECU? The ECU's used with Gen III V8 have COP and should be alot easier to configure for an application like the BBB. Heck the ECU wouldn't know what V8 engine it's running!

If the Bulldog ever gets made, it should be a very strong piece. With the right reciprocating assembly, It could handle serious amounts of Nitrous, as well as Blowers, Turbos etc. If this block ever gets made, It ought to make the die hard Buick engine enthusiasts more competitive.
I've always liked the look of a twin on a V8, more balanced if you will and it will spools slightly faster since you can use smaller turbos. I'd probably also use old tech turbos aswell, not like the high zoot GT40R or GT42R I'm going to be using on my Turbo6.

I don't like speed density systems and unless MoTeC starts selling thier stuff for cheap I'm limited to either Ford or GM factory systems. The big problem with the LS1 computer is that they changed the firing order and I'm not sure I can get the computer to go back to the old firing order which is the same for a BBB and an SBC/BBC. The LT1 uses the optispark distributor which is probably an easier adaptation than the LS1 firing order. The cost of getting a custom ground cam with both a 4/7 and a 2/3 switch for a BBB seems to be high aswell.

Just my thoughts on the issue,

CTX-SLPR said:
The big problem with the LS1 computer is that they changed the firing order and I'm not sure I can get the computer to go back to the old firing order which is the same for a BBB and an SBC/BBC. The LT1 uses the optispark distributor which is probably an easier adaptation than the LS1 firing order. The cost of getting a custom ground cam with both a 4/7 and a 2/3 switch for a BBB seems to be high aswell.
Isn't changing the firing order as simple as putting the injector connectors and plug wires in the order you want them to fire? If if is programmed for 1-3-4-2 and you want 1-4-3-2, can't you just swap the #3 and #4 injector and plug wires?

true, I didn't quite think of crossing all the wires to get the engine thinking its firing 4 when its doing 7 or something like that to match the cam. It would get really interesting doing diagnostic work though, having to remember what is actually connected to what when it gives you a #4 misfire. Thanks guys, now its on to figuring out sensors.... Err wait, howabout I finish getting the PO5 computer from an L67 3800SC to run an LC2.... yeah, thats what I'll do! :D

Getting ready to fit the Headers.

Attachments

• 2-16-06-3.JPG
    2-16-06-3.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 336