Where is the Air Noise Coming From??

DaySleeper

I have an ongoing problem with an air noise coming from my driver's door front corner or there about. I have spent hours tinkering with the seal and adjusting the window but it hasn't helped. It is really loud at freeway speeds. Has anyone had this problem?

Is the "blow out clip" still in place? If that is missing it could cause the glass to not seat properly. As old as our cars the door itself may be sagging.

if i roll my window down more than about a half inch and try to roll it back up with the car moving, the window gets sucked out and won't seat into the weatherstripping until i slow down... it's just that typical wonderful GM cheap design and poor quality control from the 80's.

Use 2" wide tape and cover suspected area.Have had windshields & trim make air noise at speed.GM weatherstrips? T Top? Have used 3m brand strip caulk behind weatherstrips to build seal out in areas.Hope this helps.

if i roll my window down more than about a half inch and try to roll it back up with the car moving, the window gets sucked out and won't seat into the weatherstripping until i slow down... it's just that typical wonderful GM cheap design and poor quality control from the 80's.

Amen to that!

Bruce '87 Grand National