Where to inject

UrbsNSpices

Go-fast Boat
First of all. I have a 3800SC L67. I am having a spare SC ported. When I bought the SC an intake manifold came with the deal. At first I figured I would just sell it but then I decided to polish its internals and swap it when I swap the SCs.

I have also been looking in to running water injection and down the line I will be getting the SMC kit. I have heard arguments for either spraying at the TB or after the SC at the intake manifold. It seems to me that most people spray at the TB because they dont want to yank out the intake manifold to drill and tap a holes. Since Im already swaping the intakes this is not a issue for me. Any opinions, advice?

Second question: Some one mentioned that the SMC kit uses nozzels available from MCMaster Carr? anyone have a part number. I need to know how long they are and the thread so I can properly place them and tap the right size holes.

sorry for the long rambling post:p :p

When I was in Virginia I saw a guy with an Aquamist system running 19psi of boost in his GTP:eek: I doubt his motor is alive because he said he was getting 10degrees of knock:eek:

Anyways this guy had it mounted in his manifold after the TB. You should check out the GTP boards and see what results they have had.
You want to be sure to put it in position to get distirbuted evenly to all cylinders

Originally posted by UrbsNSpices
The GTP guys were vauge at best....

Anyone have dims/thread count on the nozzels?

Mcmaster carr:

3178K77 (15gph@100psi)
3178K76 (10gph@100psi)

They are 1/8NPT thread, but kinda tricky to mount. Take a look:

3178kp1l.gif

There is no need to obstruct the airflow in the up-pipe. Drill a small hole in the pipe, line it with JB weld, and stick the nozzle on. As long as the nozzle opening is flush with the inside, that is all you need. The JB weld works that well. If you have to, add a little extra JB with a second coat.