Which brake booster???

2QWIK4U

Swapped brakes over years ago. Don't drive the car much but I have never had very good brakes since the swap. If I have to come to a quick stop right off boost it's a slow roll at best. It's made me not want to drive the car because I have to leave so much room to stop. I got the booster and master cylinder out of the junkyard off a Cutlass. My question is if I order one from parts store what make and model car should I ask for? Better yet a part number??? Thanks

Check that the booster holds vacuum, it may be as simple as the check valve is bad.

As for a new booster, just order one for a '87 Regal with a N/A 3.8l engine.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I like the link you provided but do you have a part number on the Caprice booster? I looked it up and it says with or without vacuum switch? Thanks

Well I must say that I swapped it over to the 90 Caprice set up and the car has never had brakes this good. Actually it came off a 88 Brougham. It was a tight fit and took some doing to get it in there. The booster I took off,I think a 85 Olds I put on years ago, was really heavy for some reason.We bled that set up over and over but still just a slow roll and low pedal. Brakes are great now!!!
Bad news is the stupid thing left me setting on the way home from shop and I had to have it towed. Found fuel pump relay bad and another problem in the process, the wire that plugs up behind the battery to computer fell off in my hand when I reset it. It broke on the orange side of the 20 amp fusible link, it doesn't look burnt,looks like it just broke from age.

So for future reference, what was the part number of the Booster and where did you purchase it from?