Which Downpipe?

eman035

What downpipe and where should i get one? I want a pipe that flows way better than stock. Should I go with 2.5" or 3"? I'm also going to leave the catylitic off. I have an ATR up-pipe and will probably be getting the poston headers because i can't find them anywhere else. Finally, how much would you spend for a used 3" Terry Houston Downpipe in fair condition? Thanks.

Well a Terry Houston down pipe for a hot-air is pretty rare.
Lee Thompson down pipes are hard to come by.
No body is making them anymore.
ATR used to have a 2 1/2" but think they are out of business.

I don't know what's out there anymore. Kenne-Bell, ATR, Lee Thompson, Mease, and Terry Houston have all made downpipes for our cars but as far as I know they don't anymore.

The only thing I would look for is a downpipe that eliminates the elbow like the Lee Thompson pipe I have. Other than that, you can't go too big on a downpipe so if you can find a 3" you might as well get it.

I orginally had a Kenne-Bell 2.5" pipe that used the stock elbow (which I ported). My car was pretty modded and when I upgraded to the Lee Thompson downpipe which is 3" and eliminates the elbow, not only did it make more power but spoolup was much better.

downpipe1
downpipe2

Would this be a good downpipe to get and how much would you pay for it? Just trying to get a good idea what price it would cost and if it would work fine with no problems. Thanks.

If mease still has a few, contact him asap...a huge performance gain, a great product!!!! Included, when i bought mine:

3" Dp with integral wastegate (eliminates elbow)
2 exhaust straps to seal mandrel pipes for fit
3" dump pipe option (you can choose test pipe, dump pipe, or high flow cat as this option)

If I remember correctly, I spent nearly 500 for everything

John