Which fuel pump

So tested fuel pump again with the car running.
Here’s what I noticed. When the car struggles the fuel pressure is close to 40 and then it thrives (when lowering fuel pressure). It almost stalls when it reaches 40. I couldn’t share the video. Maybe I’ll load it to YouTube.

reading is about 35 for the most part.
you never stated if the PSI readings from the pics in post #87 are with the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator off or on. 1 pic looks like 39psi which would be right with the vacuum line off at idle. Not sure about the other 2 pics at 33psi and whether or not the vacuum line was on or what?
Please explain how you got these reads...............

As in new ones or getting the current ones redone?
Go to TT website and order a set of 30 and machine chip if you plan to leave it stock. BLM high miss firing struggling could have a bad injector or two and if there OE its just time to change.
you never stated if the PSI readings from the pics in post #87 are with the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator off or on. 1 pic looks like 39psi which would be right with the vacuum line off at idle. Not sure about the other 2 pics at 33psi and whether or not the vacuum line was on or what?
Fuel pressure should hold steady with vacuum line off. no vacuum signal to change its pressure up or down. If its moving around with vacuum line off you need to get a regular and replace one more 35 year old part.

Hey, I just put the pressure reader on the rail and let it sit at idle. I was going to try the vacuum but I've been cooking since Sunday (in between running kids to practices) I hope to get a look at it Friday/Saturday.

Go to TT website and order a set of 30 and machine chip if you plan to leave it stock. BLM high miss firing struggling could have a bad injector or two and if there OE its just time to change.

Fuel pressure should hold steady with vacuum line off. no vacuum signal to change its pressure up or down. If its moving around with vacuum line off you need to get a regular and replace one more 35 year old part.
Okay I will most likely try to order them this week with the chip. Will get an adjustable regulator. You have one you recommend? Racetronix or something else?

Hey, I just put the pressure reader on the rail and let it sit at idle. I was going to try the vacuum but I've been cooking since Sunday (in between running kids to practices) I hope to get a look at it Friday/Saturday.
When you apply a ban-aid you must first remove it from the raper then pull the two strips of for it to work.
each step must be followed in order for it to work.
Best results is car wormed, this is not a make or break step. You must remove the vacuum line and plug the hose with a golf T or something leaving the regulator nipple open when you turn the key to run position it should jump to 38-40 instantly and in 5 sec pump will shut off. If you go to start position pressure should hold steady. I don't care if it cough spurts or farts , as long as the fuel pump is running it should say at a steady 38 lb 39 or 40

When you apply a ban-aid you must first remove it from the raper then pull the two strips of for it to work.
each step must be followed in order for it to work.
Best results is car wormed, this is not a make or break step. You must remove the vacuum line and plug the hose with a golf T or something leaving the regulator nipple open when you turn the key to run position it should jump to 38-40 instantly and in 5 sec pump will shut off. If you go to start position pressure should hold steady. I don't care if it cough spurts or farts , as long as the fuel pump is running it should say at a steady 38 lb 39 or 40
Thanks @THensley. I have a vacuum tester that I don't think works on this car but it has those plugs so maybe I'll get some use out of it :)

When it comes to those injectors. What do they improve? I've read the forums and I saw some saying it helps lower their times but then I see where others are saying it doesn't increase horsepower. I had a chat with Chuck Leeper, and I planned on getting my stock ones redone with him but now I'm seeing it makes sense to get some new ones.

Thanks @THensley. I have a vacuum tester that I don't think works on this car but it has those plugs so maybe I'll get some use out of it :)

When it comes to those injectors. What do they improve? I've read the forums and I saw some saying it helps lower their times but then I see where others are saying it doesn't increase horsepower. I had a chat with Chuck Leaper, and I planned on getting my stock ones redone with him but now I'm seeing it makes sense to get some new ones.
you will not see HP gain tell you start doing thing to demand more fuel if it 30s or 60 it will only deliver the fuel needed at 55mph

funny there sit says obsolete
Im more a Full Throttle guy and it appears he has only Racetronix too
the one you posted is the correct one you use the vender your most like best

funny there sit says obsolete
Im more a Full Throttle guy and it appears he has only Racetronix too
the one you posted is the correct one you use the vender your most like best
Okay I can go to either.

Lastly about to buy this chip from TT. There are three options that make sense:
30-60 lbs injector with chip combo (which one would you suggest?)
Bailey Extender chip ?

Todays injectors have moved light years ahead of the 87 tec.
I hate to see you through $ at your new car for all these new parts. without a good diagnosis, But your dealing with very old parts that most likely making it hard to find the one smoking gun. and any one of them will be a problem next week. and if it sets a lot when your little girls get her license you may be doing this again. But if you drive it 3 or 4 thousand miles a year it will have have a good chance of being there for her.
My car was raced twice a month before COVID and driven 2-3 K a year I try to drive it often and it runs as good as our truck with 300K and my wife's new Subaru XT that all need Love and use and a little abuse.

Okay I can go to either.

Lastly about to buy this chip from TT. There are three options that make sense:
30-60 lbs injector with chip combo (which one would you suggest?)
Bailey Extender chip ?
No the 30s with the 5.7 chip super simple and very relabel no brainer setup with tune ability

Todays injectors have moved light years ahead of the 87 tec.
I hate to see you through $ at your new car for all these new parts. without a good diagnosis, But your dealing with very old parts that most likely making it hard to find the one smoking gun. and any one of them will be a problem next week. and if it sets a lot when your little girls get her license you may be doing this again. But if you drive it 3 or 4 thousand miles a year it will have have a good chance of being there for her.
My car was raced twice a month before COVID and driven 2-3 K a year I try to drive it often and it runs as good as our truck with 300K and my wife's new Subaru XT that all need Love and use and a little abuse.
You are right.. and I'm with you 100%. Yeah I will drive it. I have her car seat in it now, my wife and I go on dates with it (when it's working lol). You are right, some of these purchases aren't 'necessary' to solve my problems but need to be changed anyways. I think I should stay on the lower end of injector size. I will upgrade the exhaust by summer.

if i were you i would get the part number off the side of one of the injectors you have now.
you never know they may have already been changed. Most common replacement 30lb was a Lucas with a green stripe.
Let us know what the part number is that you find on your injectors.

So took the day off to mess with it. With vacuum line off its around 39 psi and steady. With the vacuum line on it’s around 31.

Going to put my original maf back on for a moment.

I got the afpr from racetronix. Have not installed yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4334.jpeg
    IMG_4334.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10