which muffler sounds best

Damm I was just lookin for a new muffler for the wagon ... I looked at them in Summit BUT I don't always believe what they print :rolleyes: Might give it a whirl.. We have had just about every type of mufflers out there back in the late 90s early 2000's including "spintech".. They didn't impress me BUT like others have said it maybe a generation thing !! I want quiet but performance to :cool:

I took Bob Bailey for a ride after I installed them in NC. We had the windows up at 65 mph and were having a conversation at normal levels. Obviously not as quiet as the 3 muffler system that he has but he was impressed. I am happy with them. I removed an old Hooker Aerochamber system that was past its prime that vibrated the entire house when the car was in the garage. My wife now doesnt even know when I start the car in the garage.
They have a sound/performance guarantee for 90 days, if you dont like the way they sound you get a full refund. They also have a limited lifetime warranty.

Check them out here: http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt

Bryan

Just, wanted to see what my turbo colleages think the best sounding exhaust is? Is it flowmaster borla or dynomax? thanks! L. Gentry
What sounds best to you will sound horrible to someone else.
I would listen to some sound clips and decide.

Personally. I like the throaty sound of the mufflers on a mustang . . . but would never want it on the Buick. :p
To me . . . the extremes are . . open dump, and factory. You probably are looking for someting in between.

I have ATR’s on the car and they are fine.
Best of luck.

I took Bob Bailey for a ride after I installed them in NC. We had the windows up at 65 mph and were having a conversation at normal levels. Obviously not as quiet as the 3 muffler system that he has but he was impressed.

What type exhaust set up do you have?

What type exhaust set up do you have?

I have the Pypes 2.5" system with Dynomax VT mufflers instead of the Racepro mufflers that come with their system. Brian at Gbody ordered the system without their mufflers for me and had the DynoMax VT's shipped to him so I had it all at the same time.

Bryan

I got the gn1 3" dual catback and was told they are the pitbull mufflers. Couldn't sound more perfect. Plenty of noise but not too loud and a nice tone at idle. I get a little drone in 3rd but once it shifts into overdrive it's nice and quiet.

I have the Pypes Race Pros and they sound pretty good, sounds like a V8 @ idle from out back and dont drone too bad while cruising. With that said, I really miss how my old Hooker Aerochambers sounded, if you;re looking for a nice mellow tone on a Turbo Buick the Aerochambers are the way to go. They just sound so smooth on these cars.

I also have the PYPES SGG50R, which I decided on after much research, and evaluation. I am extremely happy with the sound, and performance of this system. The PYPES system is the way to go, fits nice and has a noticeable seat of pants feel. The PYPES incorporates the latest exhaust tech which the OLD SCHOOL HOOKER'S CANNOT MATCH. In any event good luck as each person has their own unique opinion on this subject. What sounds good to one may not to another.

sfcrob said:
I also have the PYPES SGG50R, which I decided on after much research, and evaluation. I am extremely happy with the sound, and performance of this system. The PYPES system is the way to go, fits nice and has a noticeable seat of pants feel. The PYPES incorporates the latest exhaust tech which the OLD SCHOOL HOOKER'S CANNOT MATCH. In any event good luck as each person has their own unique opinion on this subject. What sounds good to one may not to another.

For the price you can't beat a pypes system

I wish somebody would finally post a video of the PYPES exhaust. Everyone is always saying how good it sounds but no videos to prove it.