which ONLINE car audio wholesalers are dependable?

ratboy

I'm going to install a Alpine CD/MP3 receiver (CDA-7894) in my 1988 MCSS. I'm also going to install Infinity Kappa 3.5" (32.5cf) and 6x9" (693.5i).

Which online car audio dealers are authorized to sell these products? Which wholesalers sell NEW products in which the manufacturers warranty is still valid? I DEFINITELY WANT THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY!

Prices that I have seen thus far are:

Alpine CDA-7894 CD/MP3 receiver
Circuit City $399.99
Crutchfield $399.99
onlinecarstereo.com $329.99
MMXpress.com $323.95
autotoys.com $301.50
etronics.com $304.99
mainstreet-audio.com $323.95

As you can see the prices vary. Has anyone ordereed from any of these wholesalers?

Thanks

www.ikesound.com

I bought some Fostgate stuff from them.Excellent prices.All Brand new,not refurbished.

310 for your deck.Also Ike's dosen't have the manufacturer's warranty on the stuff.They do however warranty the products themselves for 1 year.I've had my amp and subs longer then that without any probs.

Originally posted by ratboy
Which wholesalers sell NEW products in which the manufacturers warranty is still valid? I DEFINITELY WANT THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY!

In my honest opinion, I have always delt with the local shops and they always "meet" or "beat" any online vendor for my customers, plus you dont have to pay shipping. The convenince of warranty has always been great because if I (or they) ever had a problem (very rare), it was taken care of same day! verses on-line where you had to send it off and wait a few weeks before you get your equpment back. Just a little friendly advice :)

I'd agree with Mr Wizard on this one.
True, I have dealt with crutchfield before. Their service is great, although their prices are on the high end of the spectrum.

But, I like to go into the local places around here. In a couple places, I know the guys really well, so they will tend to give me a break, especially since I will often send business their way. I once blew a JL sub. I took it in, and instead of sending it back for repair, and waiting forever to get it back, he just pulled another new one outta the back and let me have that one. Any time I have ever had questions I can always stop in.
But finding a good local shop can be tough. You definately want to go in there knowing something about what you want. That way you can smell the BS before they pile it on. The good ones will try to do their best to help, since for the smaller places, word of mouth generates most of their business.

Working in the biz years ago and being a good friend of my boss I know what the markup on audio electronics are. In my experience no local vendor can match the price of some of the better on-line vendors. It's a volume game. Local shops need a bigger profit because they don't sell near as much volume as the good on-line guys. Now you can get better customer service from a local guy but to be honest I've never had a bad experience with any on-line vendor

plus you dont have to pay shipping.
True, you don't have to pay shipping BUT YOU DO HAVE TO PAY TAX TO THIS @#$%!&# GOVERNMENT!!! Tax is usually much much more than shipping unless your buying wire or zip ties, etc. Plus I try to do everything I can to avoid paying taxes to this joke of a government. If they new how to spend the money, I'd happily give it to them - but they don't.

i like zeb, online car stereo, mmxpress, ampman, and crutchfield, i have had good luck with them

i have no problem paying taxes, if you do, please ship yourself to ethiopia or quit complaining

Hey guys let's keep the anti-government rants (AND disagreeing replies) & associated strong language in the Lounge....

As for the original question, I've had good luck with Crutchfield (great customer service) and www.thezeb.com

Doug C.

Originally posted by GNandTTA
Working in the biz years ago and being a good friend of my boss I know what the markup on audio electronics are. In my experience no local vendor can match the price of some of the better on-line vendors. It's a volume game. Local shops need a bigger profit because they don't sell near as much volume as the good on-line guys. Now you can get better customer service from a local guy but to be honest I've never had a bad experience with any on-line vendor

Thats true but there are exceptions! My Buddy just beat prices for my customer on 2 on-line vendors today:

www.onlinecarstereo.com & www.thezeb.com

Thats 2 more reasons for me to send business and do business with him. :) He doesn't have a large overhead compared to most shops in town. I would rather give my money to the local small businessman than a large company. Just my .03 cents and philosophy! :)

Thats true but there are exceptions! My Buddy just beat prices for my customer on 2 on-line vendors today:
But if he did that for every customer, he'd be out of business. I know the place where I worked the owner would give out good deals every now and then. However, he always made up for it on other customers. But for the average Joe who has no connections, the better prices are most likely found on the web. Plus no tax!!!! :cool:

That's why people shop at Walmart over going to smaller specalized stores these days. Walmart can offer better prices because of the volume they sell. The smaller stores need the bigger profits because of lack of volume.

I'm with the AudioWizard!

Whenever I possibly can, I'm happy to support our local independent shop owners! It's worth at least 10% to me
to buy local & not from an absentee-owned or corporate franchise.

:)

It'd be worth 10% but not 30% or more. The price I paid for my Focals was $225, and the best Custom Sounds could do for me was $350.