Which part number is correct for CC 980's?

Danster

I am looking at purchasing the valve springs for my 87 T. I was browsing the summit racing online catalog and came across two options for springs CCA-980-16 or CCA-980-12.

The CCA-980-16 info - Single spring, 1.230 in. outer diameter with damper.888 in. inside diameter, 322 spring rate, valve springs

The CCA-980-12 info - 1.230 in. O.D., .876 in. I.D., 308 lb. spring rate, single, valve spring set

I'm assuming CCA-980-16 but just want to make sure, thanks!

Dannyo

Would it be worth it to replace the valve stem seals? I just received the springs yesterday and was wondering if the stem seals should be replaced as well.

Dannyo

Dan..
I would say go for it. You might as well while you have it torn down. From what I hear, they are only on the intake valves.
Just use some needlenose pliers to get them out.

I got my 980's yesterday too! It's gonna be a fun weekend.

Originally posted by timothydog
Dan..
I would say go for it. You might as well while you have it torn down. From what I hear, they are only on the intake valves.
Just use some needlenose pliers to get them out.

I got my 980's yesterday too! It's gonna be a fun weekend.

Do I have to order them from a specialty shop since they are CC 980's or can I replace them from local auto parts?

Dannyo

Just called my Car Shop.
They said they are a pretty easy find and they had some in stock.
I don't suspect you will have trouble finding them.

Might be a good idea to get a few extra keepers too. In case you lose some on accident.

Got mine too at lunch, only I paid $18.00 (GM Dealer) :mad: I figured since I was there to pick up my cam bolts I ordered. Oh well, I guess I'll get started this weekend. I doubt I finish everything this weekend, timing chain, valve springs and I'm thinking of doing the front main seal and rear main seal while I'm add it. I have another daily driver so I'm not going to rush myself. Besides, the A/C is not working and it's too damn hot.

Dannyo

That's a tall order for the weekend!
Timing chain, valve springs and rear main seal are all individually weekend jobs for me. ;)

But I'm slow. hehe