Which Rockers

stugots

Looking to replace my stock rocker arms and shaft.My stock heads were ported and polished , new Manley severe duty valves,177.5 intake,1.5 exhaust,Isky springs 135lbs seat.Any one have any suggestions on size and brand?

How much are the upgraded shaftes?

The Harland Sharp set comes with a nice shaft and retaining blocks. Having the adjustibility is nice when going with a new setup too.

I do, however, know several that have used the stock arms with high performance roller cams for some time with no complaints

750H.P.V6 said:
Harland Sharp makes roller rockers for stock heads also. My question would be what are you looking to gain by putting roller rockers on? As low tech as the stock rockers are they work very well when upgraded with heavy duty shafts.

Neal

Forgot about the HS stuff. :cool: Speaking of the heavy duty shafts, where do you get those from. I though I had heard TA Perf. has them, don't see them listed on the price guide.

I am looking at a roller cam setup from DLS and roller rockers were recommended by my motor guy over the stock stuff.

I have the solid shafts on my stock rockers and im getting a good ticking sound , which is giving me knock.Talked to my engine guy and he's been telling me to get them stock rockers off.

I'm not sure why the rocker shafts would add any additional noise to the valvetrain. If the pushrod length was too short and there was inadequate lifter preload it would be possible. Having roller rockers which were adjustable could address the preload issue but there might be another problem.

Neal

stugots said:
I have the solid shafts on my stock rockers and im getting a good ticking sound , which is giving me knock.Talked to my engine guy and he's been telling me to get them stock rockers off.