Which turbo and torque converter?

Quigs

Trained monkey
A little back story bought the car 10 years ago rebuilt the stock bottom end, but the stock turbo is getting a little tired and I'm looking to upgrade. I have a full weight car 3560lbs with a full tank of gas I haven't been to the track in it for years but I want to change that. I would like to hit high 11's and I want quick spool for the street since I usually have a car full of people every time I take it out. Current mods are as follows...

Mild ported stock heads
Poston 107 cam with matching springs and lifters (Duration at .050 is 202/202 intake/exhaust, valve lift is .430/.430)
FMIC
2.5in hooker catback
3in dp with external racegate
RJC plate
and currently 36 blue tops (But I have a set of 55lb hr that have been waiting to go in)

I think that is it but it has been 10 years since I rebuilt it. Just looking for a little advice from all of the veterans on here that have been there and done that.

Phil

Seems to be. If not I have a spare 200r4 out of another 87 gn I was planning on building. If I'm going to put a stall in it, I will put the other trans in with it.

I have been looking for a TA49 or a TE44 but I haven't looked at turbos for so long that I am out of the loop on anything that is not 10+ years old.

49 turbo with a garrett.63 ex housing.converter if its a d5 12 inch would get it done but not my idea of great spool.tires octane and boost are next on your list.

A converter will compliment the turbo upgrade. I agree with the turbo above.

I would go through the fuel system first, -adjustable fpr, new up to date pump, hot wire ,rail mount gauge.. then go from their

I like the te44 w a 2800 stall converter. lots and lots of fun. but naturally you may notice some difference w spooling but if you tune is good may want to add alky. more boost more fun. but be careful of trans

For t04e60/stage 3 with Garrett .63 ex housing 2200@0 re stalled d5 is a good choice. Spoolup will be good and coupling without locking the converter will be good also.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I would go through the fuel system first, -adjustable fpr, new up to date pump, hot wire ,rail mount gauge.. then go from their

I knew I forgot to mention some stuff... I have a AFPR and walbro gs340 pump, and hot wire kit also have some flow matched MSD 50 lb hr waiting to go in

For t04e60/stage 3 with Garrett .63 ex housing 2200@0 re stalled d5 is a good choice. Spoolup will be good and coupling without locking the converter will be good also.
BPE2013@hotmail.com

Is that an orange stripe converter? going off my bad memory.

i went some 760sin the 1/8 back in 1996 with a kennybell boost a pump 44lb and his chip with a 2500 stall every thing else stock you should get there with your combo get fuel system right and a scanmaster and stronger waste gate rig 20lbs of boost and good tune you get there with some tires. good luck

I like my combo
it was stock top and bottom with 5857 BB and my Edge is 2800 but 2200 @0 boost
Went 11.8 at 25#boost
Supper on the street