which turbo to get?

garyg

I need your help. I have an 87 T Type. Stock block, stock heads that have been ported, stock cam and intake, Ford Bosch 42 lb injectors, dutt neck on stock intercooler, 3" downpipe, 2.5" exhaust, boss hog 2800 12" convertor. The car had a Precision GT3255e turbo. The turbo took a dump on me. Bearing wasted tons of shaft play, compressor wheel made contact with housing. I'm thinking of getting a new turbo. What do you think TE44 or TE60?

i just put a 44 on my car and it is a blast to drive around town.I have another car with a larger turbo but really prefer the smaller quick spool with a 2800 dusty converter its the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

44 or 60?

My buddy super6 went low 11s @ 123 mph with the 44 and stock convertor.I went 11.0s with the 60 @ 122 with a 3200 stall conv.I think you will spool the 44 alot better with your combo.Super6 ran those numbers on 23#s of boost.He had the stock trans. in that was slipping pretty bad,pulled it out and changed the whole combo in the process.We think the 44 would have easily went 10s all day.