Who carries a cap for the heater core output neck on the water pump?

Maltman

No parts store seems to know what I'm talking about or says they don't have anything.

I need to cap the neck on the water pump that is supposed to feed one of the lines going to the heater core....likewise, I need a brass plug for the manifold, but I know I can get that at any hardware.

Thanks

Well,

I believe that would be a 5/8" (or is it 3/4"?) Underhood Bypass Cap from HELP.

That's the only thing I've found that works, anyway. The HELP cap is a little shorter than I'd prefer, but it can be successfully clamped.

You'll want to keep an eye on the cap and change it out every now and then - they do tend to check. If you drop your antifreeze and change to distilled water and RMI-25 in the Spring that might be a good time to change the cap out, too.

I understand the hardcore guys just weld the water pump connection closed.

If you come up with anything better, PLEASE DO let me know.

The HELP cap should be EPDM - it's supposedly better than the "average" material - although it will check as well given time and heat.

Good luck!

strike

I don't know what the fitting is called but it is threaded on one end with a hose connection on the other end. I removed the stock/existing male/male fitting screw in one of the above described fittings then found a preformed heater hose in the shape of a "U" and installed it from the intake fitting to the water pump hose connection and all is okay.

HOW

NAPA has 5/8" and 3/4" heater block off caps. out on the racks.

Not sure about the exact fitment to that particular water pump outlet however.