Who Else is Daily Driving Your Turbo Buick?

Yankee John

I'm driving the Grand National to work everyday now more for necessity than pleasure - Because it gets so much better fuel economy than my pick-up. Not that I'm complaining :) , As I love driving the GN ............

Who else is driving their Turbo Buick to work everyday?

John

I was up until a week ago. Wifey finally got another vehicle so I can drive the GN or the Expedition. Neither get good gas mileage, so it really doens't matter... :biggrin:

I was daily driving mine a year ago. Then I got another vehicle to drive daily while the TR sits in the garage. But now I'm thinking about bringing it out more often, the problem is I have to move 2 vehicles out in the street to get it out of the garage...kind of a PITA sometimes.

I was until this evening. The timing chain/gear set gave up when I tried to start it up to drive home . Approx 40 miles daily.:frown:

I drive mine daily to work, but I live in canada so I need a winter car soon.

I drive mine maybe 3 days out of the week...just because the Dallas North Tollway begs for it.

and it scares the k-rap out of the toll booth attendant at 26 psi and about 80 mph.

its the wifes only car.got rid of her 11mpg sh!tbox dodge durango when gas started climbing.

I drive miine everyday to work and put about 2000 miles a month on it. The motor is original to the car and has never been broken in to and the car has 162000 miles on it. Still runs strong...

The wife drives mine everyday to work. All of 3 miles one way! Shes already got comments about how nice the Monte is .... I mean Grand National (Stupid Deputies! lol)

22 years here.

Luckily I bought another one in 2003 for backup. :p

Then again, all that leads to is two lists of stuff to fix or work on. :eek:

Luckily, the lists these days are mostly cosmetic crap. :cool:

I use to drive em year round.. rain , sleet and snow :eek: Had a winter fleet and a summer fleet :cool:

22 years here.

Luckily I bought another one in 2003 for backup. :p

Then again, all that leads to is two lists of stuff to fix or work on. :eek:

Luckily, the lists these days are mostly cosmetic crap. :cool:

Yup, same here, every day from April fools day till Christmas (if it doesn't snow till then, of course) since it was new. Though, my work consists of a round of golf Mon. through Fri. :cool:

Everyday here trying to break my new motor in....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MotorPics042.jpg

my lord :eek: how many miles on that bad boy...any rebuilds?

A little over 243,000 now. :D I never had the valve covers off until I rebuilt it at 186,000. It is time for a new interior and there are a few parking lot dings but it's faster now and drives as well as it ever has and still manages to get a few "nice car" comments at the show.

People talk about keeping the mileage off of these cars and how it has a negative impact on their value but if I never get a dollar out of it at least I've enjoyed the s#$^ out of it. :wink: