Who has a 10 or 9 second street driven TTA?

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
I know there are a good amount of TTA guys in the 12's and 11's because it's fairly easy to get them to run those times with the simple bolt-ons (much like with TRs), but what about 10 and 9 second street driven TTAs? I know Grumpy (Dan) has a TTA with a Stage II motor and a 76 turbo so he should or maybe already is in the 9's, but other than that who else is in the 10's or 9's with a street driven TTA?
Please include the combo (motor, tranny, suspension, etc.) as well as how much the car weighs with you in it?
TIA
:cool:

Mike (TTA89) should go in the 10s...motor is almost done!!! I have another TTA here that should also run 10s.... mine is just goin back to the header shop...new K frame made for lots of room!!!

A customer of mine on Sana Bel Island went 10's with his TTA at the Nats in Columbus. The car still runs 10's and hasn't had a valve cover off since before Columbus.

Thanks for the replies, but if you don't mind me asking what were the combos?
Anybody else got a 10 or 9 second street driven TTA?
Please keep 'em coming!

Oh BTW, what kind of intercooler you guys using cause it seems like a FM would be a PITA on a TTA so I'm guessing a stock located stretch like the CAS V4 or a Liquid IC like the ATR unit?

TTT....

Come on where are all the guys with 10 or 9 second street driven TTAs:confused:

I know there has to be more than 2 or 3 guys so please speak up!!!

just guessin' 'brick, but doubt there are more than 1 or 2?

there was a car in Tucson running bottom 11's, dunno if he ever got to the 10's.....his name is Chris and he sometimes is on the other board

he was using a *ord intercooler (powerstroke)

Originally posted by azgn
just guessin' 'brick, but doubt there are more than 1 or 2?

there was a car in Tucson running bottom 11's, dunno if he ever got to the 10's.....his name is Chris and he sometimes is on the other board

he was using a *ord intercooler (powerstroke)

Well I think the one guy I see post here every now and then (goes by the name Badd Azz TTA) has run a 10.90 but I could be wrong! :confused: I was just curious cause it seems like they seem to run about 5 tenths and 5 mph faster with the same mods a TR has with a stock longblock so I was wondering what turbo, IC, and heads (ported or stock) they use to run in the 10's and if there are any in the 9's that are still street driven....

My customer has a stock shortblock with ported stock heads and a 210/205 cam. He has a Dequick frontmount.

Originally posted by HighPSI
My customer has a stock shortblock with ported stock heads and a 210/205 cam. He has a Dequick frontmount.

Thanks for the info Cal!:cool: :)

Originally posted by 86brick
Well I think the one guy I see post here every now and then (goes by the name Badd Azz TTA) has run a 10.90 but I could be wrong!....

Yeah, his name is Jim and is from the Akron, Ohio area. He went 10.90's the other year at the Nats on the cars first trip to the track. It went something like 129+ mph on that pass. The "0" pump Vigilante just didn't want to spool the turbo in the B.G. heat.

K.

(BEATBY6) has a TTA that runs 10.70's and has a new combo that will run high 9's low 10's:eek:

Scott, I would like to know what your combo was and is now?

Thanks,
Bo

Thanks guys!

Those slackers need to post unless they have some secrets they don't want to share!;) :)

TA-60
MSD 50'S
RED STRIPE CONVERTOR
STRETCHED STOCK IC
THDP
NEW VAVLE SPRINGS
VOLT BOOSTER
HEMCO
REDS 106 RACE CHIP
MAF HARD PIPE
11.10 @124 1.60 SIXTY FOOT

not my car, not a 10 second car, but my buddy still lets his wife drive it everytime the weather gets nice-

car has less than 10K on it, engine never opened up, stock tranny with cooler:cool:

Bryan, 11.10 @124mph is very close to a 10 second pass (he has the MPH, but the 60' would have to improve to get there)....
Thanks for sharing!

Old Motor

Stock TB to Pan execpt Valve Springs.
PT51
MSD50s
V4
3DP
Stock D5
Quick Time Pros

11.25@121 w/1.56

New Motor

Girdle, 206/206 Roller, Champ Ported Iron TTA Heads, GT66 DBB, FAST, 83s, Not sure on IC or Convertor yet, Probably a custom stock Location Stretch. etc etc etc....

Should run pretty good.

I plan the drive the car 10K miles a season Spring - Fall.

Mine may go into the 10's if I ever get my motor. stock block 4.1, 6.5 carrillo rods, steel crank, steel caps, studs, roller cam, ported stock heads(like I have a choice), ported stock intake, RJC plate and plenum, msd 55's, TA-62 and the stuff listed below from the old combo. I'm guessing 10.7.

Originally posted by TTA89
Old Motor

Stock TB to Pan execpt Valve Springs.
PT51
MSD50s
V4
3DP
Stock D5
Quick Time Pros

11.25@121 w/1.56

New Motor

Girdle, 206/206 Roller, Champ Ported Iron TTA Heads, GT66 DBB, FAST, 83s, Not sure on IC or Convertor yet, Probably a custom stock Location Stretch. etc etc etc....

Should run pretty good.

I plan the drive the car 10K miles a season Spring - Fall.

Hasn't this been 2 years in the rebuild process? When is this thing making its debut? :)

I should be right at 10.30's-10.60's @ 130+mph with low ( 20psi ) boost when I get the car put back together.

4.1 0.030 over
Fully ported TTA heads
Fully ported intake & throttle body.
224/224 Comp cam.
PT-70 with .63 exhaust housing.
9/11 convertor from Bruce.
TH 3" DP & exhaust.
Moser 9"
Stock intercooler.
83lb injectors
F.A.S.T
Red's Dual XP's

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Yeah, his name is Jim and is from the Akron, Ohio area. He went 10.90's the other year at the Nats on the cars first trip to the track. It went something like 129+ mph on that pass. The "0" pump Vigilante just didn't want to spool the turbo in the B.G. heat.

K.
Yeah ,It went 10.96 @128 with a garbage 1.63 60' with a 6.99@100 1/8 mile time,a tenth faster than it went with the stock motor in it.Been 1.52 60' B4 motor
trashed a convertor trying to get it to 60'

first 3 passes ,first time out were 11??,10.99,10.96 at Bowling Green last year then it slowed down as it was melting the convertor and I put it away :(

I got a 3600 stall (6) in it now,It should 60' in the mid to low 1.4s

mods are in the sig,post for any more ?'s

There are definantly more than a handful of them in the ten's,most don't post on here!

Badd Azz TTA, you have the combo I had pieced together in my head!:eek: Where did you get that IC though?