Who has the fastest stock "109" block TTA??

Fastest 109 block TTA

I put an 87 GN motor in my 86 TA with a turbo 400 and trans brake. I made my own headers and intercooler ported the heads and intake myself. It has a stock bore, crank, rods with TRW pistons. It has production heads, intake, and computer with a Red Armstrong 93 chip and 42.5 injectors. It has ladder bars with 28.5 X11.5 slicks. The car weighs 3300 with me in it and has gone 1.306 60 foot with best e.t. is 9.98 and the fastest mph is 139.88 at Norwalk in 2004.

I put an 87 GN motor in my 86 TA with a turbo 400 and trans brake. I made my own headers and intercooler ported the heads and intake myself. It has a stock bore, crank, rods with TRW pistons. It has production heads, intake, and computer with a Red Armstrong 93 chip and 42.5 injectors. It has ladder bars with 28.5 X11.5 slicks. The car weighs 3300 with me in it and has gone 1.306 60 foot with best e.t. is 9.98 and the fastest mph is 139.88 at Norwalk in 2004.

86 TA is not a TTA. To be a TTA it must have been built by PAS in 1989 and come factory with the 3.8 turbo engine. Along with being White, have the camel colored interior, plush carpet, power everything, etc.

Anything else is a hybrid.

It is too bad that the TTA's cannot put Buick Aluminum heads on without fabricating headers and notching/cutting the strut towers for clearance. Not trying to start a war so do not take this as an insult. Mike Sheilds TTA hauls azz but if he was not limited to the stock production heads he would be high 9's instead of mid-tens running the same boost levels. Granted the TTA's are at another disdvantage as some parts are custom to that car (piston dish, rear ends, etc..)which are hard to find if you do not know where to look. I better shut up now as Mike Shields may go out and buy a buick now HEHE!!:D

Mike Banas
87GN

So here we are 3 years later and still nobody in the 9's?? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!:p :D

Sounds like a nice hybrid, but as Razor said it's not a TTA especially considering it didn't have the TTA heads if it was an 87 GN motor. Please tell me though how you ran 9.98 @139.88 MPH with 42.5lb injectors and a RA 93 chip:eek:

Technically.. I have the fastest TTA

Meaning production block, trans, and the fact the car is a real TTA.

The limitation is the heads & downpipe. To which major mods will be needed to change over to Buick heads and a larger downpipe.

Mike is getting it done... and I agree.. with GN1's his car would be a monster.

My cars not a real TTA, it's missing the 1G5 vin and white paint :D I built it to be what it is, definatly not due to a TTA shortage at home.

That aside, times are in my sig. It's basicly a low buck junk motor thats been running low 11's to mid 10's scince 2002 with well over 600 passes and still in one piece. Only high end parts are JE pistons and a small roller cam. Consistant, reliable, and never been on a trailer One day I'll get a forged bottom end in it and turn it up, I know people have gone faster but that stock crank and rods has always made me nervous.

Funny how me and Julio took very different approaches at making our cars fast, and if I had the money I woulda done mine more like his, but we are very close at the stripe :)

Mike is moving, he's only .02 slower in the 1/8th than me and thats with almost 3psi less boost. Thats where those extra inches realy shine.

Steve

Trent...TTAfan's Anderson built TTA should be there if they ever get all the bug's ironed out. Last I heard it put down 600hp to the wheels on Anderson's dyno a couple of months ago. Maybe Trent will chime in on the progress......

-Scott

TTA850;1683506 I know people have gone faster but that stock crank and rods has always made me nervous.Steve[/QUOTE said:
Steve a girdle does help hold things together .. we have a 20/20 crank and stock rods in Melissa's :eek: may want to consider it when ya finally do a bottom end :biggrin:

Before my name gets thrown around to much let me say this. My car has a 4.1 stage II block with stroker crank and h-beam rods, TTA heads and intake along with a lot of other junk. Don't know if it is the fastest TTA and don't really care. I just try to enjoy this piece of junk while it is running.:D As far as for TTA 850, and Razor I have the utmost respect for both of them. I have never met either in person but both have helped me with any question that I have asked them. As far as running 9.98 with 42lbs injectors I'd have to see that to believe it:rolleyes: I have a beautiful family to take care of and a Construction business and farm to run. This car is not my life. So I'll just post what times this piece of junk runs until it decides to go belly up again and hope all enjoy.;)

I understand whole heartedly why too modify a Firebird vs cutting up a valuable car. If I were to do it again with a Firebird platform, it wouldnt be a TTA.

But.. now said.. The thread here said fastest TTA.. That is like saying Fastest GNX and having everyone with a T-type jumping in saying theirs is just like a GNX cuase its the same. The VIN makes it what it is. The Gallina car IS NOT a TTA.

Me and Mike have spoken about all this stuff in length.. fwiw the Fastest TTA belongs to Rob Crissafulli.. and that one has already run in the 7's with a twin turbo small block chevy. The Sikes in the 9's.. then the stock block cars have been in the mid 10's and that is where I stopped pushing. I hit a wall that would have killed my car to go faster.. and becuase of the condition of the car, I decided to not hack it up. Just a personal choice. As was a choice to leave the heavy leather seats, heavy OEM hood, carpeting, power windows, etc.. all the creature comforts.

Good luck guys.. My car is back to bone stock 100% correct.. as I can make it.. detailed to the hilt.. and sitting pretty :wink:

It is too bad that the TTA's cannot put Buick Aluminum heads on without fabricating headers and notching/cutting the strut towers for clearance.

Mike Banas
87GN

Actually Bill Sake's 9 sec TTA had M&A alum. heads and ATR S.S. headers on it - AC was yanked, but no cutting was needed at the strut towers.

The only cutting was the fact Sakes put a cage in a HARD TOP :eek:

So here we are 3 years later and still nobody in the 9's?? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!:p :D

Best quote of the TTA thread!! :p

I'd think this question would be like if someone asked 'who has the fastest GNX with original suspension?'

It'd be pretty far and few between, and only a few of the GNX owners race/hack their cars.

Also, i have one GMHTP magazines that feature a TTA! There is Marv Spomer that is a one of 24 hardtops with leather with only 4,100 miles on it. Then the same mag has a dragstrip run of a TTA.

-Adam

don't make me get this car back to the track !!!:rolleyes: :p last time it raced (years ago) 11.3s@ 121 on Comp T/As:biggrin:

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 298
What about Gallina's old TTA. My buddy owns it now. If I remember right it was doing low 11's (11.15-19 If I remember) this past weekend. This is with a stock turbo, intercooler, and stock TTA unported heads. It is a very impressive car!!!

What about Gallina's old TTA. My buddy owns it now. If I remember right it was doing low 11's (11.15-19 If I remember) this past weekend. This is with a stock turbo, intercooler, and stock TTA unported heads. It is a very impressive car!!!

I don't believe thats a "real" TTA :cool: ok when I was down at Cecil County this past weekend there was a TTA there that I "think" ran a 10.6 ??? anyone see that car to ??? :confused:

Trent...TTAfan's Anderson built TTA should be there if they ever get all the bug's ironed out. Last I heard it put down 600hp to the wheels on Anderson's dyno a couple of months ago. Maybe Trent will chime in on the progress......

-Scott

Scott, I had a chance to run the TTA a Cecil this weekend and the first run out. It ran a 10.66 @ 125. That's letting off before the beam. I was having some fuel issues so I only ran three times having to let off at the 1/8 the second and third run. Come to find out, when I got home, It was a bad plug in #6 causing it to show a rich condition on the scanner. Billy didn't want to keep leaning it out without finding out what was causing it, so I put it on the trailer before round 1 started. The 60' was well in the 1.40's on the second run at about 8 lbs. of boost. I have no doubt this car will be in the 9's next time out. It's not the fastest TTA, but I am running a stock intercooler and block w/ Iron ported TTA heads on race gas and Alky!:biggrin:

I have no doubt this car will be in the 9's next time out. It's not the fastest TTA, but I am running a stock intercooler and block w/ Iron ported TTA heads on race gas and Alky!:biggrin:

yup!:biggrin: you're gonna need a comp license real soon!