Who is going racing at Bremerton Sept 25?

Was a decent turnout today by the Grand National guys! The nice weather brought out a lot of BOP racers in general so didn't get in as many runs as usual. But it was sure a great day for racing.

Dennis - tested Friday night and developed a coolant leak likely head gasket related so he didn't get to run with us on Sat

Gene - quick low 10 sec run in the green beast. Concern with fueling put him on the trailer just to be safe.

GN-NW Dan - piloted solid low 12sec runs in the company GN. Knocked out in the second round so his undefeated streak went down in flames.

Phoenix guys Dave and his buddy (sorry I missed his name) ran a GN new to our scene. Recent build and tune from GN-NW guru's resulted in another highly satisfied customer by ripping off a 11.3:eek:

Jason ran his new supercharged Camaro SS well in the 12's I heard. Beautiful and powerful 600HP pony car.

Bob and Mary - another 87GN new to our scene. Super nice folks who are looking forward to GN-NW guys performing their magic. It's a solid low-mid 11 sec car that's only going to get better. Breaking into the 10's is the goal and I'm confident Bob will be there soon.

Nice to see Josh coming out to support us. He's motivated more than ever to get his bad boy back on the road.

Me? Well I did achieve what I set out to accomplish...a new personal best!!
Great launch at 5psi with the MT drags helped. It was a risky run pushing the limit with way too much knock for comfort. Unexpectedly, the boost crept up from 24 to 28 during the run:eek: Thank goodness the head gasket didn't let go so I was able to drive home happy:cool:

That's it for this racing season. Hopefully the GN hangout will get rolling soon at GN-NW. Gonna need it to survive the wet season.

Awesome update - thanks Dan!

I was so happy to see your car running so well! Seemed like most of the GNs were running great today. We just got Dave's car sorted right at the wire - Friday afternoon at 4pm or so. :eek: That was our "11.50s" recipe that was running 11.3s@118 (might have even run 119) - stock heads and cam car. I always love to see 'em run good.

Yeah, GNNW-Dan broke out in the second round (12.315 on a 12.35 dial). Would have been a tight run anyway: winner ran a 10.127 on a 10.10 dial. Great race, and man the shop car is consistent. That's a completely unopened 122k motor, still running the stock intercooler!

Gene ran 135mph on that pass and ran around his opponent at the big end, but he came back saying the injectors were maxed out and A/F was out of control lean, so the fuel pump is suspect.

I ran the 2010 SS a couple of times, best ET 12.60, best trap 113 and change. That's through complete stock exhaust and with a 5-6psi pulley (can't even really hear the blower). Nice being in the staging lanes in a quiet car with the windows up and the AC on, just waiting to roll up to the lights. :) Lots more left in that combo - will be fun to play with it.

Had a great time today seeing all of you! The GNNW space is nearly ready for winter gatherings - just need to get the heat hooked up. :)

If we can get one more solid weekend in October, maybe we'll do that party we were talking about - maybe cook out, have some beer, and just chill.

Sorry I didn't make it, but one particular car has kept me so busy that I couldn't spend even ten minutes on my car. The new "plastic plane" keeps me at work most weekends, too. Maybe when I retire I can spend time working on my own stuff.

Glad to hear Dennis ran a pump gas/alky best time of 10.12 @ 135.29 and he still uses the stock ECM with a MAF. Still more left in that car. I suspect it'll run a 9.90 @136+ if he were to bolt real slicks on it and turn the boost up to 28psi. He's launching it at zero boost. That poor little StageI block has seen better days, for sure.

Hey,
Thanks so much for the update. It's what I was looking for first thing this morning. I hope everyone had a good time and it seem's like you all made some good run's and posted some good times.

I am so happy the weather was excellent for you all. I really wanted to bring the car down but it seem's my boss has no sympathy for me... :) He is kind of an A S S that way. He say's we make money before we play.

Oh and Dan, You called it on wed when I saw you huh? Oh well buddy lot's of racing left in your lifetime... Great job everyone. Maybe I will get to meet some of you at the shop....

Awesome update - thanks Dan!

I was so happy to see your car running so well! Seemed like most of the GNs were running great today. We just got Dave's car sorted right at the wire - Friday afternoon at 4pm or so. :eek: That was our "11.50s" recipe that was running 11.3s@118 (might have even run 119) - stock heads and cam car. I always love to see 'em run good.

Yeah, GNNW-Dan broke out in the second round (12.315 on a 12.35 dial). Would have been a tight run anyway: winner ran a 10.127 on a 10.10 dial. Great race, and man the shop car is consistent. That's a completely unopened 122k motor, still running the stock intercooler!

Gene ran 135mph on that pass and ran around his opponent at the big end, but he came back saying the injectors were maxed out and A/F was out of control lean, so the fuel pump is suspect.

I ran the 2010 SS a couple of times, best ET 12.60, best trap 113 and change. That's through complete stock exhaust and with a 5-6psi pulley (can't even really hear the blower). Nice being in the staging lanes in a quiet car with the windows up and the AC on, just waiting to roll up to the lights. :) Lots more left in that combo - will be fun to play with it.

Had a great time today seeing all of you! The GNNW space is nearly ready for winter gatherings - just need to get the heat hooked up. :)

If we can get one more solid weekend in October, maybe we'll do that party we were talking about - maybe cook out, have some beer, and just chill.

Jason,

You guy's down there help some people make some very fast car's. I am really amazed how fast the shop car is... That is awesome. You have no idea how much you are appreciated sir.

I really love to see the progress on the car's in the shop every time I stop by. Dan does an excellent job making these things look like new and run better than.

Can't wait for the party...

Jason,

You guy's down there help some people make some very fast car's. I am really amazed how fast the shop car is... That is awesome. You have no idea how much you are appreciated sir.

I really love to see the progress on the car's in the shop every time I stop by. Dan does an excellent job making these things look like new and run better than.

Can't wait for the party...

It really is amazing to have a quality GN speciality shop in the local area! It is a huge benefit for the turbo buick scene. Service, mods, tuning and parts inventory will take care of all our needs. It important for all of us to keep spreading the good word to keep our friends in business for a long, long time:)

Everyone I've ever sent to Dan has been very satisfied and are return customers. The combo of having Gene consulting on engine builds and other advice plus Jason's tuning skills and network in the industry covers all the bases!!

Now by adding a social gathering we will once again have a regular get together for enthusiasts. I really like seeing the recent mix of long time GN owners and new owners coming together and having a fun time with a common interest. Haven't seen this since Burgermaster days about 5 years ago.

Thank you GN Northwest!!

It was great to be around the Buick scene again, Its been awhile and I hope it was enough to motivate me to put my car back together for next spring.:biggrin:

12lb , Yes,Grandpa was in the Navy in WWII. He has never shared to much about it, maybe because he wants to forget? But he's still sharp as a tack and is always maintaining his landscape and grass. He will probably live to 100.

Well Slacker , ya dodged me again , saw ya haul ass up to the lanes so you didn't have to race me ;) Glad to see some results of our work ( ie. Dans 11.22 pass :biggrin:)
It's a shame about Dennis and Gene's cars. But it was a awesome day out and there were lots of nice builds there , even a few that weren't GN's. ..... and BTW Mike , missed ya , sorry didn't have an excuse to get ya to come haul me home. You're not missing TTXII or BOP next year so be ready to check off some dates on your calender.

Well Slacker , ya dodged me again , saw ya haul ass up to the lanes so you didn't have to race me ;) Glad to see some results of our work ( ie. Dans 11.22 pass :biggrin:)
It's a shame about Dennis and Gene's cars. But it was a awesome day out and there were lots of nice builds there , even a few that weren't GN's. ..... and BTW Mike , missed ya , sorry didn't have an excuse to get ya to come haul me home. You're not missing TTXII or BOP next year so be ready to check off some dates on your calender.

woohoooo, cant wait. Just need me an employee so I can GTFO of here.... :biggrin:

I think I have a Buick mutany forming against me.:rolleyes: i guess I need to get my car together to proove you guys wrong.:D