who makes the best cold air kit????

canukhemi

can anyone help me with who makes the best flowing best fitting cold air kit ? pics would be great and where can i but one? The "Tin Man" has a nice one but i've never seen one in a car. DT :confused:

I have a TinMan and I really like it because the 9" K&N filter is not under the hood. It is in front of the ds tire sucking up cold air. I wouldn't have any other kind of intake on my car. Of course I don't drive my car is muck and snow so I don't know how that would affect it.

We offer the most choices in materials and finishes for cold air kits as well as different size MAF pipes. Besides, we are a sponsor of this site. :biggrin:

I might have a lightly used chrome Big Mouth with matching chrome MAF pipe for sale soon.

I've installed Mark Hueffman's "Big Mouth" kit on two cars and I really like it. Zero problems, and it looks and fits great. ;)

Rob

at7we2 said:
I've installed Mark Hueffman's "Big Mouth" kit on two cars and I really like it. Zero problems, and it looks and fits great. ;)

Rob

Ditto. I would get the Big Mouth again too. Worked well and easy to install.

I am only adding this for product availability information, and not to subtract from any of the other manufacturers, vendors, & resellers of cold air packages, but I have heard some good things relating to the Pete Tomka kit.
I have never tried one yet, and I have nothing against any of the other fine vendors named here, especially Mark Hueffman, who makes nothing but fine products for our cars. And if the final decision with everything else being equal, I would always recommend purchasing from an advertising vendor of TB.com.
-----------------------
http://psmbuick.com/index.asp
----------------------

BEATBY6 said:
How about a TTA kit :)
I know Mark did a so called "one off" for board member 72 firebird. If he doesnt want to do another, Grumpy on the board sells them.

Jason

Quiky One said:
I know Mark did a so called "one off" for board member 72 firebird. If he doesnt want to do another, Grumpy on the board sells them.

Jason

Don't remember that one! :confused:

I can do a MAF pipe for a TTA but not a cold air kit.

Is there a difference between the big mouth and big mouth lite kits other than just the material it is made out of?

The lite kits are made out of aluminum. The chrome kits are made from triple plated steel so of course they are a bit heavier. The chrome by far is the best looking. The PLAIN aluminum lite kits are NOT show worthy by any means and are sold in a raw state, just cut to the size needed. It would be up to you to make them look good but the function is the same.

We are also doing the lite kits in powder coated finish in either black or silver.

Recently we also starting doing kits that are polished aluminum. They look almost as nice as the chrome kits with less weight but of course need more maintenance to stay pretty vs the chrome.

Jason

ummmm I use to ... not worth doin anymore :p oh.... please don't associate my name with "ram air" set ups :eek: :biggrin: ok back to the hot engine compartment :rolleyes:

Mark,

Are you making any cold air kits for a MAFless setup yet? Or would a regular one work? Just wondering about the space that was taken up by the MAF.

Thanks,
John