Who makes the best headers?

Who makes the best headers for an 87 T-Type?

• Poston

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hooker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATR

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • GM put them there at the factory

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Somebody else (please list)

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
factory headers work well into the low 11's-high 10's......after that, there are some gains to be had with headers...I prefer ATR

By any chance does Terry Houston still make headers for our cars? Just curious.....

Oh BTW, I heard that Keith Mease of Mease Performance is or will be making headers for TRs:) :cool:

those are mine in that picture. Matter of fact I took those pictures at my house. You cant get better quality headers in my opinion.

Ralph

Originally posted by gnfanatic
those are mine in that picture. Matter of fact I took those pictures at my house. You cant get better quality headers in my opinion.

Ralph

How much do they run and do they make it harder to get to the plugs? Do they effect spool up time?

the only question I have on the Mease headers is, what is their track record? many fast cars run ATR.....how many run Mease?

they are purty, but how do they perform, fit and wear?

Originally posted by AintGoinSlo
Why do you want new headers?

The factory ones are pretty badly cracked, so much so that welding them on the car would be impossible. I figured if I was going to go to the trouble of taking all of that apart, I might as well upgrade to something I would never have to worry about again.

Why do you ask? Are upgraded headers a bad thing in an otherwise stock setup? Are they a waste of money?

- Freed

in a word .....yes...headers are a waste of money on a stock car....that said, if you have to buy 'em, you may as well upgrade....although a decent upgrade will be $1,000 and properly repaired stockers will be much less......

your call.....you won't go any faster with the high dollar headers until you are running 10's.......

Originally posted by azgn
the only question I have on the Mease headers is, what is their track record? many fast cars run ATR.....how many run Mease?

they are purty, but how do they perform, fit and wear?

Well I don't think they have a track record yet because they are quite new to the market..... If they are anything like the other products he sells I'm sure they perform very well and they probably fit nice also!

Aftermarket performance headers will hurt a bone stock GN's performance. I'm sure some of those vendors make stainless stock replacement headers.

Hey guys, I have had these headers for 5 months now. This is what I have experienced with them:
1-) no leaks whatssoever
2-)fit like a glove, the crossover kicks but, great design
3-) they turn gold and blue
4-) I have had NO increase in lag wahsoever
5-) car is a tad louder
6-)#4 primarie tube goes high to the turbo. you got to make sure you use a nice spark plug wire holder for #2 and #4 wire
7-)plugs are cake to get to
:cool: email Keith for price!

Hope that helps.

oh and you get alot of attention when you pop the hood :)