Who Scored BIG time?

Mac in SD

Who scored two complete fresh 274 O/C Stage II engines with complete Kinsler fuel injection systems and dry sump setups?

He must be one clean-living motha-fackah. :D

Attachments

• IMG00006-20110213-1253.jpg
    IMG00006-20110213-1253.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 623
Where in the hell does someone come across something like this over here on the left coast? I thought all the stage stuff was on the other side of the country. :)

engines

they look like indy 500 or sprint car engines, if they are indy 500 engines they are 208 cubic inch, and probably are odd fire, sprint car engines could be 276 inch, odd or evenfire, i had a indy engine that had kinser inj,with 160 lb injectors, i sold it about 4 years ago,
hope you got a good buy on them, good luck oc,

OC,

They're 274" even fire engines. 1 is fresh and the other has dyno time only. Not sure what they were used in originally. I bought them from a guy who was going to use them in an off road race truck.

Neal

engines

the one on the left. the stacks look a little different than the indy engines i have seen they had a alum, box that was attached to the stacks and tubing went from box to turbo, if they were built for a sprint car they will have a lot of compression ratio like 14 to 1. i was told years ago by a builder that they made 650 hp on alky, i just happen to have a complete clutch assembly, bellhousing , fly wheel, pressure plate, clutch and hyd, throughout bearing
just in case you need one,lol.
i picked up a complete fresh old busch engine built by ruggles few days ago,
and it has clutch assembly on it, i got everthing except car, its a 276 oncenter. i didnt need it now i have 2 oncenters and 3 offcenters, i need to sell some parts, your engines look good esp. with inj, stacks, they resemble old hilbran mechinal inj,
good luck oc,

You're right about the price. If they hadn't been a good deal and right up the road from me I wouldn't have bothered going to take a look. I don't play with Buicks as much as I used to but I can't pass up nice Stage II stuff either.

Neal

engines

Ill buy any thing if the price is right horses, cows, farm stuff, engines etc,
i would buy one of your engines if the price was wright, and if you wanted to sell, good luck oc,

Ill buy any thing if the price is right horses, cows, farm stuff, engines etc,
i would buy one of your engines if the price was wright, and if you wanted to sell, good luck oc,

Im surprised that his wife is still around!!:eek::eek::eek: Guess nobody has offered the right price!!! Mike:cool:

old school mechanical injection on the one, load it up with some methanol and hit it up with about 400HP worth of N2O, I bet that would be fun in a light car, especially with Odells clutch!

The story on these goes that they were originally both configured the same with Kinsler mechanical injection. I've got all the stuff off the one engine when they converted it to electronic fuel injection. I'm kinda hoping that the Kinsler stuff might be worth something to the right person but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Neal

The story on these goes that they were originally both configured the same with Kinsler mechanical injection. I've got all the stuff off the one engine when they converted it to electronic fuel injection. I'm kinda hoping that the Kinsler stuff might be worth something to the right person but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Neal

Dude! Where's your imagination???

I did like the idea we came up with to drop one in an Opel and run it on E-85. That would make for a fun ride. :biggrin:

Neal

That's a bit more carried away than what we were thinking. It was more along the lines of a high compression aspirated motor in a small car for a good power to weight ratio. :cool: Running 7's would be a hell of a lot of fun though!!

Neal

You're right about the price. If they hadn't been a good deal and right up the road from me I wouldn't have bothered going to take a look. I don't play with Buicks as much as I used to but I can't pass up nice Stage II stuff either.

Neal

I think I hate you now!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Where in the hell does someone come across something like this over here on the left coast? I thought all the stage stuff was on the other side of the country. :)

No their not...... PM me with what your looking for. It won't hurt me to ask someone for you.