Who sells GOOD full pillar guage pods?

Billdogg

PSI FED 6
I'm trying to find a duel quage pod for the A-pillar. I've heard Lo-tek is crap, so dont worry about that. Ramchargers has one listed, but doesn't say what brand it is. I like the looks of the full replacement peice over the stick on type. TIA

Are there any full pillar dual pods that aren't made by Lotek (and then redistributed by other vendors).

No one else makes a full A-pillar replacement that I know of. I have the Lo-Tek full A-pillar pod and I think it fits great. If you haven't seen one up close that was installed properly then I wouldn't write them off.

My Lo-Tek A pillar dual gauge pod is nice fits well except for the boost gauge is a little offset but you wouldn't beable to notice unless I pointed it out.

Jeremy,

From what I've seen, the gauge pods are too low, so that the bottom pod presses on and eventually "dents" the IP surround. Also, the molding doesn't wrap around the A pillar, so you can see the guts of the car when the door is open, unless you lay the LOTEK pillar over the stock pillar.

Do you know differently???

Your right it doesn't wrap all the way around but You can't see any of the wires that are there at least not on mine. My knock gauge sits fine in the upper pillar but like I said the boost gauge is a little offset. I thought I had put it in the wroung way or the gauge was to long.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Jeremy,

From what I've seen, the gauge pods are too low, so that the bottom pod presses on and eventually "dents" the IP surround. Also, the molding doesn't wrap around the A pillar, so you can see the guts of the car when the door is open, unless you lay the LOTEK pillar over the stock pillar.

Do you know differently???

How about I get some pics for you before I head into work today? You can judge for yourself. I like it very much. I have to trim it a little on the top because I have a t-top car, but other than than, I really like it.

I have asked before and forgot to write down the information - Is there a way to mount three 2-5/8" gauges?

I think somebody said something about a mount for T-Top cars.

TIA,

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
I have asked before and forgot to write down the information - Is there a way to mount three 2-5/8" gauges?

I think somebody said something about a mount for T-Top cars.

TIA,

Yes there is a mount for the T-top cars. It's the T piece. I don't think I need to elaborate if you have a t-top car. I think mine could have fit a little better, but then again I didn't really put a ton of work into it. I dunno. I can get some pics of that to if you like.

Originally posted by Bandit
Yes there is a mount for the T-top cars. It's the T piece. I don't think I need to elaborate if you have a t-top car. I think mine could have fit a little better, but then again I didn't really put a ton of work into it. I dunno. I can get some pics of that to if you like.

Thanks!

3 full sized gauges (2-5/8") - are you sure? I've been looking exactly for that - where do I get it?

Full Pillar Dual Pods

Originally posted by b4black
Are there any full pillar dual pods that aren't made by Lotek (and then redistributed by other vendors).

While at the SEMA show, I took the opportunity to look around Stewart Warner's display booth. On display was a completed prototype of a stewart warner pillar pod complete with stewart warner guages (white faced and VERY nice looking). The company rep. spoke with me about these for a good 20 minutes. According to him, they were due for release early 2003. I will call and see if this actually came to fruition. If so, then they should be available from any Stewart Warner distributor.

Alan

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
Thanks!

3 full sized gauges (2-5/8") - are you sure? I've been looking exactly for that - where do I get it?

I mis-undestood your post. Sorry. The T-top piece only holds 2 gauges. There's really not enough room for 3 gauges up there.

Originally posted by Bandit
I mis-undestood your post. Sorry. The T-top piece only holds 2 gauges. There's really not enough room for 3 gauges up there.

I've got that....I like it 'cept its a little long on the windshield side, I need to trim back when I get around to painting it. Everyone thinks its the coolest thing. I've got a partial pic of it, which I'll upload in a minute.

You can see most of it....I'll take better pics once the GN is un-stored. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/blackbui...kbuick84/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
I've got that....I like it 'cept its a little long on the windshield side, I need to trim back when I get around to painting it. Everyone thinks its the coolest thing. I've got a partial pic of it, which I'll upload in a minute.

You can see most of it....I'll take better pics once the GN is un-stored. http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/blackbui...kbuick84/lst?&.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.view=t

Try to aim a bit higher. From what I could see, it looks great. Are these for 2-5/8" gauges?

I already have new in box oil pressure, water temp, and boost. All mechanical full sized 2-5/8" gauges. Even if there are two mounted on the T-Tops, is there a single 2-5/8" pillar mount. Or perhaps 2 on the pillar - I want an EGT gauge too.

I use 2 1/16th gauges, but I *think* the 2 5/8ths will fit, I dont remember. And mine are electrical, which made placing them alot easier, so you'd need a long line to get 'em up there(you probably knew that though) And my friend wasnt aiming for the pod, so thats why the pic sux. I had a full shot of it somewhere but i cant find it:confused:

Thanks Dan
If those are 2-1/16" gauges, it does not look like 2-5/8" gauges will fit.

I may just have to fabricate something my self.

Call Lo-tek they can probably send you one that doesn't have the holes in it yet or they might beable to drill it to the size you want.