Who want's to tune?

Mr Spool. Thanks for the advise. My problem is exactly that...guessing. I don't have a successful process that I know works...that's why I am asking for assistance from someone that has that experience. Your advise sounds solid and that lines up with what I already know from reading. Two problems; first-the speeds are a little excessive for the everyday public street/highway. And second, as I mentioned earlier, I just don't have the experience and because of that, I broke it once before and don't want to repeat that. I also want to make sure I indeed have a healthy running car to begin with and again, I don't have any experience in knowing what is a good healthy base to start with.

Turboelky. I will call him today...hopefully he isn't too grouchy;).

thanks,
Your welcome.i understand sounds like there are a few other board members that are in your area that are willing to help.good luck!

Special thanks to TurboLou! Overall, my car is in good health. He didn't like my spark plugs, so we changed those. No tuning today...way too much water on the roads to be making full throttle pulls at high speeds. But we did talk about some steps when I get to that point in time.

Lou, you are a generous man with a solid in-depth knowledge in these cars. I don't mind the brash "no bullshit" personality...at least I know exactly what your thinking and where your coming from. To some, this might come of a harsh, too me...it's clarity, certainty. Thank you and if there is anything I can do for you...please don't hesitate to ask.

Damon

Will do...

Hopefully he doesn't beat me up too bad.
Special thanks to TurboLou! Overall, my car is in good health. He didn't like my spark plugs, so we changed those. No tuning today...way too much water on the roads to be making full throttle pulls at high speeds. But we did talk about some steps when I get to that point in time.

Lou, you are a generous man with a solid in-depth knowledge in these cars. I don't mind the brash "no bullshit" personality...at least I know exactly what your thinking and where your coming from. To some, this might come of a harsh, too me...it's clarity, certainty. Thank you and if there is anything I can do for you...please don't hesitate to ask.

Damon
Damon was great hanging out I don't think there is much wrong with your car just some confusion on your part as what to do & hope some of that got cleared up. With a little more couching you should be fine. As for being brash I'm afraid the beatings will continue till the attitude improves . :rolleyes: