Who's had Lasik?

AZ Vic

Gonna be getting this very soon... probably within the next week or so.

I have wron the daily wear contacts for about 12 years now. I am blind as a bat w/o them...

opinions?

Thanks in advance,

Vic

You wont be disappointed.
I had 20/20, minutes (MINUTES) after the operation.
Good luck :)

I plan on getting this in about a year but there are some things that you probably know.......you can lose your vision! That stupid lady kathy griffin lost 30% of her vision in 1 eye and developed an infection, thats the first horror story I have heard, I am sure there are others. well good luck with the operation and make sure you have a good doctor.

Wife had it done about 5 years ago now...Eyes are still a perfect 20/20 or "zero" when she visits the eye doctor..Was seeing better within an hour or so of the procedure

:)

Wife had it done 3 years ago---as stated above----20/20 minutes after the procedure.
It takes longer to have lunch than to have this operation.

Geoff

Do it! Those with good vision don't really understand what we go through. Prices are down alot since I had it done. Never heard any horror stories. Do EXACTLY what the Dr. says and you will have no issues or regrets. I was 20/900, so you see why I love it so much!

awesome! These are great things to hear.. keep em comin' if you have em...

thanks!

Vic

Hey AZ Vic!

I think your local to me, (kingman) call me, I just had it done, and will give you some insite ( no pun)
also recommend a dr, and give exact price.
would I do it again??
YOU BET !!!!!!!!!!!!!
928 692 5674

cruzn57
Lee

A guy here at work had lenses installed.
They say that these last longer and you do have to deal with the far-near sighted issues. Not sure.
I know that it is about $4K/ eye but insurance picks up some of it depending how bad your current eye sight is.

Never heard anything bad about lasik, this is just kinda newer I think.

My brother had it done at Nationwide Vision, and he has 20/15 now. I plan on getting it soon.

My Dad had it done and could see great at first, but it slowly deteriorated. It's been about 2 years now and he's thinking of getting glasses or contacts again because he has a hard time seeing things real close. Seems to work great for most people, guess he was just unlucky...

I had it done 5 years ago. They promise you nothing and tell you all the bad that can happen. The bad was less than 1%, but they still have too make you aware of it.

I have 20/10 vision in my right eye and 20/20 in my left. Both eyes were 20/10 after the surgery, so you can see one has gotten a lil worse, if 20/20 is worse. I figured with the price of glasses and the contacts I wore this surgery has already paid for itself. Blue Cross wasn't paying a dime at the time, because prcedure was still considered "experomental". Not sure what they pay now, if anything.

The procedure itself takes less than 15 minutes, and is completely painless. I drove myself too office and my wife drove me home. She drove me too my follow up next morning and I drove myself home. You need to follow Dr.'s orders and you will be fine. You absolutly can not rub your eyes until the flap the cut out heels. I wore protective cups over my eyes while sleeping just in case i rub my eyes while half awake.

The worst part of the procedure is the dry eyes you will have for a few weeks. I had too add drops often for about 2 weeks. First couple of days you vision is a little cloudy too, but everything heals fast.

Good luck. Well worth the investment. I've recommended LASIK too many people and wish I had done it sooner than I did.

Lasik is great! Wore glasses/contacts for almost 10 years (yeah, not too long compared to some) but lasik is some of the best $ I have ever spent. Been 2 years and still see great. Don't have any #'s (like 20/20). My left eye was worse before, but after if anything, it's my right eye thats is worse. Left healed great, right eye still gets dry quite often (but I do live in the dry SW)