Who's Happy with PT-52

BarnesGN

I am thinking about upgrading from a Ta-49, to a Pt-52. I will also be adding ported (mild) heads, 206 roller cam, on a rebuilt block and switching to a 9/11 converter. My goal is 10.99-low 11 et with slicks and 25 lbs.

Will a PT-52 get me there?

Please only respond if you have first hand knowledge.

Go with the PT54. I love mine. I am at 11.32 with a stock unopened motor.

I just went 11.25@121 with my 52. Could have went quicker had I been running slicks. I was trying to learn to launch with the ET Drag Radials. This is with a stock block unported heads, but at about 28-29PSI.

ShouldIBuy said:
I just went 11.25@121 with my 52. Could have went quicker had I been running slicks. I was trying to learn to launch with the ET Drag Radials. This is with a stock block unported heads, but at about 28-29PSI.

what were your 60ft times an is this a full weight car an what kinda timing are useing to run 29 psi I would love to get #s like that 121 mph

I went 11.38 @ 117 mph with a 52 and stock longblock @ approx 24-25psi

With ported heads and cam I went 11.14 @ 120 mph @ about the same 24-25psi. I was running too lean with 50# injectors so I upgraded the turbo to a TE45A and injectors to 75# at the same time.

I have no doubt the 52 would have gone 10's with my combo if I had more fuel. It is a good turbo.

my 1st gn said:
what were your 60ft times an is this a full weight car an what kinda timing are useing to run 29 psi I would love to get #s like that 121 mph

Yes, this is a full weight car. 3,640lbs is what the scale says. 60' on that run was 1.68 with the ET Radials. It has 60'd in the 1.54's with slicks, which I wished I was running that day.

Sam,
Billy Farlow has a pt52. Mike W, when he had his 87 GN, had a 52 and run low 7's at 98 mph in the 1/8th. If I remember though he run alot of boost 28-30#. HTH..

M. Banas
87GN

208 Roller by ATR. Nice cam IMO. I know of a good used roller, same cam that is in my GN, that is for sale minus lifters and timing chain. Checked out OK but he could not use it due to his setup. Let me know if your in the market for one. Might save you some $$$$...

Johnny Wishbone..

c&cgn said:
I went 11.38 @ 117 mph with a 52 and stock longblock @ approx 24-25psi

With ported heads and cam I went 11.14 @ 120 mph @ about the same 24-25psi. I was running too lean with 50# injectors so I upgraded the turbo to a TE45A and injectors to 75# at the same time.

I have no doubt the 52 would have gone 10's with my combo if I had more fuel. It is a good turbo.

Clayton your not a fair comparison, I've seen you run at Bremerton and Turbo Thunder and you and Rob are by far above average drag racers :)

It's amazing the time you two would put up with what seems like a small combo and little effort.

Keep it up :)

FS

I liked the 52 I had until it chucked the exhaust wheel after a year and 3 trips to the track. I wouldn't consider a 50 series turbo at all. There are alot better turbos on the market that you would like better. Do a search on pt51 or pt52 turbo's and make the call after you read.