WHo's pumped for the NATS?!?!

Re: Can't wait for the nats...

Originally posted by gn85
Jer you mentioned blown head gaskets, I thought you were talking about Scott Simpson. :)
HEY! I'm gonna kick your little ass! :D

Actually, Jer was talking about someone other than me (I think it is the two kids from FL(?) that usually do nothing but fix their car(s) in the Motel V6 parking lot). However, he did track one down for me one year come to think of it....

Kenny - Bring your car AND your new valve body over to Motel 6 along with a drain pan. A valve body change is easy as long as the separator plate gaskets do not rip. And if they do rip, you can get new gaskets in town.

... the problem is getting a valve body.

It seems like it's just the throttle valve sticking, but when it comes to trannys, I'm clueless.

I'll get ahold of Lonnie again before the Nats and see what he says. Maybe I can buy one from him?

Re: Re: Can't wait for the nats...

Originally posted by Scott231
HEY! I'm gonna kick your little ass! :D

Actually, Jer was talking about someone other than me (I think it is the two kids from FL(?) that usually do nothing but fix their car(s) in the Motel V6 parking lot). However, he did track one down for me one year come to think of it....

Kenny - Bring your car AND your new valve body over to Motel 6 along with a drain pan. A valve body change is easy as long as the separator plate gaskets do not rip. And if they do rip, you can get new gaskets in town.

Kick my A**?? You have to catch me first... and a car with 5 out it's 6 cylinders with gaping holes in the head gasket can't catch very much. :)

Good to hear from ya Scott. Hope y'all have fun down there and that the weather holds out. Just remember, hotel manager tend to frown upon tranny rebuilds in the hotel rooms. :)

You prolly just need to clean out your valve body...which is a job for someone with a shop as you need to thoroughly flush the VB and inspect the throttle valve (and bore) for burs or crap that might be making it stick.

I'm answering your insinuated problem. Why do you suspect the throttle valve is sticking? Are you sure that is the problem? What are the symptoms?

Nat's

I'll be heading down Wednesday night and be staying at the old university plaza and can't wait.

Steve:)

We're all kinda stoked as well. There will be 6 trucks w/ trailers and at least 1 car in our convoy heading out of KC. We'll be in BG Tuesday early evening and staying till Sunday. Looking forward to seeing all our friends and drinking a FEW beers in the Motel V6 parking lot.