Why am i so slow?

GnTooFast4u

Went to the track with the Gn last night to get see what the car would run as it sat, I know the combination on it sucks but i'd figure it would at least run 14's. The car is an 85, the only mods are an either V1 or V3 intake(not sure which one) Pt-54 turbo, hotwire 340 Walbro fuel pump, atr 2.5" downpipe, with a 3" exhaust after that. 87 Ecm,(not sure what chip or injectors) Drag Radials. It was freezing cold last night and the car was running about 16 PSI, Fuel pressure was set at 40PSi (Vacuum disconnected and 58 under full boost) The Tps is set a 4.74 @WOT
I could only build about 3 PSI on the line, and every run was the same. 60ft-2.43, 1/4ET-15.4 @90.89MPH, It just seems like something is not right, that's a pretty low MPH (guess i;m just not making the power i need) You guys have any suggestions?

nah,it should still mph better than that.

i'm guessing it's not the least bit tuned...

There could be a million possibilities as to why. Is the exhaust stuffed? (bad cat) are the headers cracked, or leaking? Are there any signs of carbon on the inlet pipe from the header to the turbo? Also, being that you do not know what injectors, you may have stock 28 lb'ers, and too much fuel. The chip could be a burn chip from a specific mod, that may have been deleted. I would find a chip that you already know everything about, get those injectors flowed, or even better, buy new injectors like 36's and then go from there.
Got any pics of the motor and stuff? Good luck, hope I helped a bit.

John

I had a similar problem at the west coast nats. My engine harness had some issues along with some other areas in the electrical system.

Did you record the run on a scan tool?

No stall will kill the 60', i know because i had a 54 with no stall and it sucked. What cam, if stock maybe its gone or you need new valve springs.Any real bad header leaks or vac leaks.

90mph is way to slow for a 54. I did 102-103 mph with my ta33 at 16psi. somethings not right

what is your tps at idle, i set mine at .42-.44, what are your o2's at wot. Maybe you have a stock chip in and after market injectors.

well i tryed

MPH is way low. I had a friend that went 14.9@106mph with only mods being bluestripes and Walbro, TA62, stock stall (horrible 60'), 210-205 cam, and a 2.5" DP on 20psi. Other than the cam there was no internal work, and this was even through the catalytic convertor and stock exhaust.

My first run ever with my mods being an intercooler, K&N, and chip was a 16.4. I brought the mph up to 101 from 95 and the ET down from 16.4 to 13.9 with relatively low boost and a little tuning and practise launching. No changes to the car other than fuel pressure.