Why does my 87 GN have bench seats?

GN 420 T-TOP 87

I've purschased a GN that had fire damage to the interior only. Interior was completely burnt. Seat frames were bench style and no center console could be seen, also the steering colum were the shifter was could be seen. Exterior was amazing. ..including engine. All the bumpers are blacked out with Grand National emblems.The vin shows the eighth digit being a 7 also to mention its a T top.Doors were bernt as was the trunk
That has the identification lables ....
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
By the way. . I'm about % 85 complete.
Thank you

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

someone other than GM put the bench seats in or its a T-type or turbo T the 7 if I remember correctly just states its a lc2 3.8 turbo car

86 would be t type 87 would be t should be able to pill back the rubber somewhere to expose the true color unless it was original black car should be able to look on cowl tag on driver side will have paint code u and 2 numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car is original black. As I stated doors were burnt as was the trunk were the identification labels are.All emblems are all grand national.
Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I can't imagine why anyone would want to put a bench seat in a true gn the paint code would still be on cowl panel in engine compartment it is metal

Look at the paint code tag mounted on the cowl.
That will not only tell you the original paint code; i.e. 19U / 19L (Lamp Black Upper / lower)
But should also tell you if the car had Bucket seats; i.e. AR9

Without the SPID label - it's very difficult to tell it's original equipment.
There is a GM archive resource, (you can buy) but I am not clear on whether they simply show dealer invoice or an itemized Window sticker like list of installed option codes.

The truck lid SPID label is the key.
The driver's side door only showed the VIN

The VIN only defines "Vin7" - i.e. Turbo Regal; T Type etc.
You will never (or rarely) see a title that says "Grand National"
They will say "T type" or Turbo Regal"
Since WE2 was only a paint scheme - and not a unique body.

My bet is that it is a T that has been 'Grand Nationalized"

I can't imagine why anyone would want to put a bench seat in a true gn the paint code would still be on cowl panel in engine compartment it is metal

On all ReGals, the paint code tag on the cowl describes certain trim options.
It will only say 19U, 19L, 15M for instance on a WH1 or 19U/19L when it was a Grand National.
But it will also say the same thing f it were a black T type.; i.e. 19U / 19L
So - again - no specific reference on that tag to WE2.

Then AR9 for buckets.

I think it is a T or T-Type--they could be ordered with bench seats.

Indeed - you could order a RPO Y56 and not order the AR9 bucket seats; that then include RPO D55 Console

I don't know if your state puts model #'s on the title like Massachusetts does ? On my 87 gn it lists it on the title and my limited is listed this way also but my we4 just says regal. May want to check the DMV to see if they can help verify its model.

The build sheet in the drivers door , if still there will tell you. It lists WE2 as Special

Bryan

I've purschased a GN that had fire damage to the interior only. Interior was completely burnt. Seat frames were bench style and no center console could be seen, also the steering colum were the shifter was could be seen. Exterior was amazing. ..including engine. All the bumpers are blacked out with Grand National emblems.The vin shows the eighth digit being a 7 also to mention its a T top.Doors were bernt as was the trunk
That has the identification lables ....
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
By the way. . I'm about % 85 complete.
Thank you

Did it look like this?
Love the patina look of these

Attachments

• 8847320_2_I.jpeg
    8847320_2_I.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 174
  • 20975923_9X (2).jpg
    20975923_9X (2).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 219
Just call it like I see it........:D LOL

Bryan

We're just bitter middle aged (mostly white) guys stuck in the eighties - wishing Ronald Reagan would run again, or rise from the dead, or something.
Gotta go see what's on Fox.
Although, I mostly watch with the volume turned down, that and Univision - if ya get my drift! :D

What's the Fox say ?

Bryan

If that is some sort of "knock knock" joke...I'm not biting! :D

I dunno - I only watch Fox for the blondes.
And the occasional Brunette. ( And i ain't talkin' Hannity either)
Couldn't care less what the blowhard guys have to say.
Truth be told - I don't even hear what the gals are saying - but I am watching their lips move. :D

We hijacked a "why does my GN have a bench seat" thread - but I'm pretty sure it had reached its shelf life anyway! :D