Why does our TA62 spool much slower than our TA64?

cool 84

Got hotair?
Just curious as to why this may be. The 62 went bad, from day one it made a lot of noise and spooled very slow. I let my dad borrow my 64 until he gets the 62 back and it spools much faster and is much quieter through the intake. Nothing was changed in the tuning of the car. The same wastegate was used. There were no exhaust leaks with the 62. Just wondering if there might have been problems with the 62 from the beginning.

I used the TA62 and 3200 stall.

It was about the same as the PTE51 and the D5 using the BSTC and maxeffort quick spool code stuff.

Nothing stellar but not slow spooling either.

It made a TON of noise through the intake but I thought that was because it was big. :D

Got me looking at blow off valves since it sounded like it was going to explode.

Wrong.

Put on a double ball bearing 70 and it spools a bit faster and makes very little noise and seems to make more power in the 0 to 15 psi. range.

My 62 is gonna be a good spare for the 2 cars I have but ain't going on either of them if I don't have to use it. ;)

Could be the use of two different thrust bearings in the turbos. The dynamic thrust bearing tends to free wheel quicker.....This may be old technology,but a friend of mine named John Myers, who is no longer with us, taught me quite a bit about turbochargers. Hopefully John Craig will chime in. I'm not sure if Dynamic Thrust Bearings are still used as I haven't been into a turbocharger since John died.