why so slow????

gnxis

i went to the local 1/8 mile track last week times were pretty crappy best time 8.9 @ 85.5 short time was 2.4.
this was with no boost on the line cause if i launched with any boost it would just boil the tires.
i know slicks would help but with my combo i should be at least 8.3 i think anyways.
any advice would be a big help.
thanks in advance.

what do you have? street tires?

no traction = slow times

let me guess.....pump gas?

Use slicks, race chip, race gas, 22-26 psi boost, 5+ psi launch. Tune, tune, tune, tune with a scantool. Getting to know your car and how it reacts at the track can also drop a lot of time. My friend went from a 8.1 to a 7.60 just by how he drove it with no changes at all.

yes street tires 275/50 bfg's
no to pump gas 70/30 xylene

i have a friend who ran 8.4 on stock size tires with vp 110
will race gas really give .5 over 70/30 93/xylene?

my chip is 8 pos adj ultrachip w/22* timing
would i be better off w/ a true race chip? what chip? what timing?

if you want to go fast, get some slicks, good gas, and turn the boost up....otherwise, don't expect much.......these cars don't work so good with no traction and no fuel (alcohol, fuel mixtures, all help but not the same........street stuff)

car is at seturbo now getting reringed,block girdled,210/205 cam,50#ers,champion ported intake,champion ported heads,harland sharp 1.55 roller rockers.

with slicks and race gas what times should i expect?

what size slicks w/373 gears?

should i get a true race chip? whos?

You are loosing at least half a second just in your 60' times!

You should be able to get 1.8 60's with those tires, I got a 1.72 with my 295/50/15's. Check the tires... are they worn out or tire pressure too high? Do you have a posi? Is it a one-legger?

Racing takes practice, maybe that's all you need. See if your local track has any test and tune sessions (Saturday or Sunday). Get there early and make as many runs as possible, BUT make sure you take notice of EVERYTHING you do - tire pressure, launch boost/RPM, and even how you release the brake and apply the throttle. When traction is limitied and you have to launch on little or no boost, sometimes it's easier to launch off of RPM. Just be aware of everything you are doing... take notes if necessary.

Good luck.
-Banning.