Will 84 Exhaust Manifolds fit 82?

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
Will 84 Exhaust Manifolds fit my carbed 82? I would still use my up pipe and down pipe. I thought 83 manifolds were stubby header style vs cast iron like the 82 and earlier models. I found a set of 83 manifolds, but thet appear to be the same as my 82??? Isn't there suppossed to be an advatage to upgrading to 83?
Would someone school me on this or let me know where I can read up on compatible parts.
TIA
BADAZZV6

Somebody screwed with the 83 that you found. Originally they had the headers style stock. Buick used the same header style 83-85.

Here you go.... http://www.flash.net/~rjgeorge/exhaust.htm
Nice pics of the headers.
If you change, use the 84 cross over as well or at least the 83.
I have my eye on a mendral bent 84/85 cross over for $90...
The main problem with the tube headers is turbo lag & cracking.
ATR makes a very nice stainless steel set, but at $800 it's to pricey for me right now.
JMHO
Jim

pat83t & Ttype83,
Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Maynard

Man I just noticed that you have a 87....You already know about the cracks ;)
If you have a spare 87 drivers side header it will fit to.
Jim
Note to self read sigs.....

I have an '82 and an '83. They '82's are definately smaller than the '83, but I don't know if that's all bad. The smaller ID of the '82 manifolds may keep exhaust velocity high and they retain heat better, which may mean quicker spool up. They are more durable. They might be the better choice for a street driven car. Back to back testing on a well tuned car would be needed.

I would (and do) use a '79 driver's side manifold. For the passenger side, I would use the '79 and add a O2 sensor bung, or go with an aftermarket (expensive).