Will a HD actuator from a TE45A work on a 70GTQ BB?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
Need a little help...I've tried calling a few people, but haven't got a definate answer on whether the HD actuator that came on my TE45A will work on a 70gtq bb?

I was also wondering who has the best prices on a Turbo saver kit & a water line kit for the 70gtq bb?

The Darkside

If your TE-45a came with a 3" inlet, 2" discharge TO4E compressor cover, and the 70 GT-Q DBB comes with an H cover that has a 4" inlet, 3" discharge, the answer is no. The bolt pattern for the backing plates between the two compressor covers is completely different. You would either have to cut the backing plate clamp off of your existing actuator and weld one of the 2 bolt backing plate clamps to it once you figure out your orientation, or buy one that is done already for the H cover 70 GT-Q DBB turbo.

The turbo saver oil kit an water coolant line kits are priced very competitively between Hartline, PTE & Full Throttle. Last I heard, PTE was still awaiting some castings to come in, for the oil systems before they start shipping them out. I want one myself is how I know.

HTH

Patrick