Will a manual TC lockup switch work without the switch on the brake pedal?

gnx7

I did a GN conversion on my RX-7 which was originally a manual transmission car. It doesn't have the switch on the brake pedal to signal the ECM to unlock the TC when braking.

If I make a manual TC lockup switch do I need the sensors on the brake pedal or will the manual switch just lock that sucker up no matter what?

I'm going racing this Saturday and need the extra 2-3mph and 2 tenths.

Thanks guys.

Mark

I might be wrong but I thought the signal to the ecm was the same as to the brake lights, just a 12+ volt.

With a manual TCC lock up switch, it'll lock it up no matter what, even with the brake switch hooked up, and while braking.

Great job on the swap, Going into another GM product is a big enough pain, I could only imagine going into an RX7!:cool:

the brake switch feeds +12v to the trans, the current goes thru the solenoid and then to the ECM. the ECM grounds it's wire to lock the TCC.

Make sure you have a complete circuit.

Shouldn't be a big deal.

Let us all know.

Bob

Mark
FWIW
The brake pedal switch also activates the EGR valve and wastegate solenoid as well as the cannistor purge (I doubt you have that ;))

Paul

Hey, I ,may be wrong here but B&M makes a kit part # bmm70244 that lets you lock up the trans at whatever mph you want, summit carries the kit. HTH