Will I have traction problems?

tracy

I am just about done with upgrades for this winter.

GT61 Turbo
PTE Stocl location IC
70mm TB
Valave springs
3,000 stall/shift kit
22 psi/100 octane
3" DP
Stock motor

I have stock GN rims with BFG radial T/A 255/60/15 in the rear.

Is this a bad tire size choice and will I have serious traction problems? If so what do you reccomend for my combination?

Try M&H racemasters. They are great on the street/strip. Best 60' was a few days ago ...1.55 on stock suspension. Not very many people run them , but the one's that do love them.

Bo

I wish someone made a DR with some nice white lettering like my radial t/a's It would be a cool stealthy kind of look.

I am going to be testing the DR's from M&H here very soon. Of course I will give results like everything else.

TTYL
Bo

I have a similar combination as you (GT61, bigger stock location intercooler, 3000 stall, etc..), and never had much luck with the 255 radial T/A's on the stock GN rims. The tire had a boxy tread that crowned on me even with lower psi due to aspect ratio with the narrow 15X7 rim (the center of the tire wore down faster than the sides) Even from a roll, the tires just did not hook well. I upgraded to widened rims from Gbody parts recently and MT ET streets, I think 275/60/15's. Car hooks very nicely on the street. No track numbers yet, but the difference is remarkable. I can probably fit a bigger tire under the car without frame rub issues with the widened rims I have (have about an inch before it rubs..), but am happy with the 275/60's for my current combo.

My car isn't a daily driver so I'm not too concerned about treadwear.. The Radial T/A's lasted a looooong time, no doubt due to the really hard rubber..

I guess a lot will depend on what you plan to do with the car. Just get slicks if you want to do well at the track. The MT ET streets were the best choice for my needs.

Hope this helps

Billy

Originally posted by MaxVO2
I have a similar combination as you (GT61, bigger stock location intercooler, 3000 stall, etc..), and never had much luck with the 255 radial T/A's on the stock GN rims. The tire had a boxy tread that crowned on me even with lower psi due to aspect ratio with the narrow 15X7 rim (the center of the tire wore down faster than the sides) Even from a roll, the tires just did not hook well. I upgraded to widened rims from Gbody parts recently and MT ET streets, I think 275/60/15's. Car hooks very nicely on the street. No track numbers yet, but the difference is remarkable. I can probably fit a bigger tire under the car without frame rub issues with the widened rims I have (have about an inch before it rubs..), but am happy with the 275/60's for my current combo.

My car isn't a daily driver so I'm not too concerned about treadwear.. The Radial T/A's lasted a looooong time, no doubt due to the really hard rubber..

I guess a lot will depend on what you plan to do with the car. Just get slicks if you want to do well at the track. The MT ET streets were the best choice for my needs.

Hope this helps

Great reply thanks for taking the time. I love the look of the stock GN rims and will most likely go to the wider rims from Gbodyparts also. Thanks again for the help.

Billy