will my TE-60 get me there?

94z286speed

I have a Te60 now. I ran a 11.52 at 117 with a 1.78 60' time. This was with stock heads with stock springs, intake, 42lbers and 255/60-15 et streets. I have since added champion ported irons, champion ported stock intake, 80lbers, prostar skinnies up front with prostar 275/60-15's out back and the convertor unlocked.

My goal is to break into the 10.90 range at 125. Is this possible with this turbo and combo? I have been debating upgrading the pump. This car is hardley ever driven just need the time slip to satisfy myself. What are your thoughts?

It's possible, I believe the TA49 record is 10.8 and that compressor housing is about 10hp lower vs the TE at high levels of boost.

Combo looks good but what converter is that non locked, Precision?

Tuning, suspension, weight, mods etc all play a role in maximizing that turbo/combo but go for it. :wink:

it's a 12" pats convertor. its is only at 2450 rpm at "0" boost. I think, i meant I know I need a different convertor. I only picked up 21 mph from 1/8th to 1/4

cam, champion aluminum heads, front mount, th400 w/brake, vigilante conv., 50lb inj, ported intake, lift bars, moser axles with spool. This was with a 1.42 60ft. Car runs 10.8x every day and good days 10.6x's. Launch with 15lbs of boost.

I have a Te60 now. I ran a 11.52 at 117 with a 1.78 60' time. This was with stock heads with stock springs, intake, 42lbers and 255/60-15 et streets. I have since added champion ported irons, champion ported stock intake, 80lbers, prostar skinnies up front with prostar 275/60-15's out back and the convertor unlocked.

My goal is to break into the 10.90 range at 125. Is this possible with this turbo and combo? I have been debating upgrading the pump. This car is hardley ever driven just need the time slip to satisfy myself. What are your thoughts?

well with a 1.60 60 foot you could have netted a 11.30's now with the heads with out a cam you will gain approx 3 to 4 tenths. so yes its on the table. a roller cam would probably get you there easier with those heads

That compressor wheel is good to at least 127-128mph at 3530lbs. The ex wheel will dictate how fast backpressure will set in and c ock block the compressor.

Nice Turbojoes, great 60ft and time. I thought I was one of the few small turbo Transbrakers but see, you give me hope on a killer 60ft. BTW, you locking the Precision and how much total boost?

94Z, I'd focus on tweaking what you got and then making changes one by one. Work on dialing in your launch and your current combo, then before you know it, you're in the high 10's. :wink:

yeah I'm going to try a PTC 3200 n/l convertor. I was leaving at 8psi. Any more the tires would break loose.

Agree with above, if you are going in the trans, get the 9.5" PTC to Dusty's 0psi recommendation and move on.

WTH, turbojoes, you're running the N/L Precision on a TE60 at 21psi to a 10.61 E.T.??:confused:
That converter is notorious for being kind of loose up top and 21psi on that turbo is jack.

Now tell us this is a TA 4.5 block with high compression & timing and the car weighs 2,700lbs.

Agree with above, if you are going in the trans, get the 9.5" PTC to Dusty's 0psi recommendation and move on.

WTH, turbojoes, you're running the N/L Precision on a TE60 at 21psi to a 10.61 E.T.??:confused:
That converter is notorious for being kind of loose up top and 21psi on that turbo is jack.

Now tell us this is a TA 4.5 block with high compression & timing and the car weighs 2,700lbs.

It took me 30-32 psi to run 10.61 last night@3530lbs.

.OYes this is with a te60 at 20-21 lbs. Stock block. When i went from a 2004r to a th400 manual valve body with the first pass i went from 11.1 and then ran a 10.7x. The car went 4 tenths quicker with just the trans. Before my 60 ft would be in the 1.7 and with the 400 its always in the 1.4x's. Will be at norwalk next weekend if u guys will be there stop by. Will be driving a red ram mega cab with a 29ft grey enclosed trailer. Also as stated above the best was a 10.61. The car is usually between 10.7's and 10.9's.

Was this with a TE60? Any info on the combo would help!!
60-1 compressor/76p trim turbine. It's a dinosaur t-netics turbo that I have had since 1998. 7.6:1 CR, 212/212 low lift grind, iron heads bowls cleaned up by me 3 angle valve job, precision fmic, old smc non progressive 17gph ,ptc 9.5", xfi, 200 4r by me

Wow both you guys are kicking some butt on those turbos.

TurboJoes, damn that's incredible, I don't recall anyone ever gaining that much in the 60ft from just a tranny swap on the small turbos. What converter was in the 200-4R before that?
Why not turn up the boost if you're only running 20-21 and shoot for a low 10?

Bison, is that a 7 blade compressor?
Whoa have you been banging on the same turbo for 13 years now, no rebuilds?

94z, the one thing you can take from this is that the turbo isn't slowing you down so keep it. :cool:

It was a lock up art carr. I was told that if i run more boost on this turbo it would heat up the charge and not really help out much and the 50lb injectors are about maxed out. As for the tranny it could of been hurt inside somewhere. I broke that thing 4 times before just going with a 400.