Will my WG from my GT67 work on my 70BB

Alaskabuick

Just got my new toy in the mail today from Hartline, a DBB 70 GTQ, good quick service I might add. Thanks Cal....

My question is will my WG off of my 67 fit on the 70 or do I need a new one? Have not got started on the install yet, so thought I would as here 1st.. Am running the stock style puck w/THDP 3.5".

Also, who sells the water cooling lines? Im sure I could have them made, but might be easier to get them from a vendor here? Patrick? wazz up??

Dennis.

Hey Dennis.
How ya been? Congrats on the new turbo, you're gonna love it.
Water coolant line kit in universal make your own lines or OEM Buick style from PTE, and many other options as far as fittings are concerned from ATP.

[ur]http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=GTBB[/url]

14mm thread size on the water coolant fittings. If your 67 had an H cover on it, then the actuator should bolt right up to your new 7080RH. If not, you will need a different actuator with the correct backing plate bracket welded to it. Also, go ahead and mark your turbine housing and port the wastegate hole larger. Without doing this, you will have boost creep.
Hope this helps and keep me posted with your results.

Patrick

Wg

Thanks Patrick,

Yes I need to get to porting the WG hole, I could never control my boost under 24# with my 67?? My WG was ported as well? This has been a problem for me, have often thought maybe I should go to a softer spring in the actuator? I have the heavy one now.

We have good air up here so I think I may have creep issues where others in hotter climates may not? But the up side is big power.

Why dont you send me a cooling line kit? and possible a wg, I will check tonight.. 907-590-0592 call when you get a free moment and we will take care of it.

Dennis