wiper cowl

87hottness

does any one know where i can get the little wiper cowl that goes behind the wipers ? Its chrome on the regals and black on the gn i am looking for a black one maybe a reproduction ?

I'm sure by now you're beyond this point in your quest, but did you have any luck finding a cowl? I'm also looking for one and have had a somewhat difficult time locating what I need.

I'm sure by now you're beyond this point in your quest, but did you have any luck finding a cowl? I'm also looking for one and have had a somewhat difficult time locating what I need.
Call Brian @ GBody Parts

Bryan

Not to interfere with vendor's sales - but if you are referring to the lower windshield reveal molding (arced approx 5" wide - bottom of windshield) it is easier than you think.
The regular G bodies were actually not chrome as much as they are either stainless or annodized.
Answer = junkyard; any 80's G-body
Scuff the piece really well, prime with etching primer; and finish coat paint it with SEMS Satin Black - viola'!
I only have about 10 of them I get from every G-body I come across.
It's the piece that get's all chalky looking first.
Grab the wiper arms while you're there and repeat process.

x2 on the junkyard. Even if you can only locate one of the shiny chrome looking ones, take it to your local powdercoater and have them do it in semi-gloss black. Like the previous guy mentioned, do the wiper arms too at the same time. That's what I did and it looks good.

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't sure if any y/m/m gbody molding would fit, so I wanted to do my research. All the puzzle pieces are almost in place.