wireless router brands

mark b

Anyone have any issues between the major brands of wireless routers? Reliability, support, etc...
Linksys & D-Link are the 2 most common ones in my local stores.
The 802.11b routers are now below $40 in some places around here, so it's almost like throw it away if it breaks after a year.
In fact, someone has a D-Link 11.g for < $50 but the DSL bandwidth doesn't warrant a "g" over a "b".

TIA

I have both in place. One at my parents house which is LinkSys and the D-Link in place at my house. I like the D-Link for alittle more security but they both work very nice. I also have a G band in at my house and I can be anywhere in the house without no problems of dropped connection. The Linksys is not wireless so I cannot say anything in regards to that.

You can always check www.techbargins.com for some good deals on routers.

I have a D-link Wireless router here and it works extremely well. I get a signal everywhere in my apartment. Which is very good considering the thickness of the cement walls. I also have a G router and the card in my laptop is also from D-link. My desktop is plugged into the router. No complaints.

I did have one problem when first installing that was actually my fault. (I didn't have the SP1 loaded into my laptop). I called tech support and they worked well with me and got me set up. Obviously the problem was with me and not with the product.

As for Linksys, I only have a laptop card for a wired ethernet connection that I bought before wireless was around and popular. That has also always worked well.