Wiring Diagram Needed For Diy

PaulRV6

Is there a wiring diagram out there I can use for my DIY? I am basically duplicating Stevemon's design. Thanks

paul

A long time ago, when I put my DIY on, I drew my own rough diagram off of Steve's instructions. Worked just fine.

Well maybe someone could explain what Steve means by hooking up the trigger relay to the fuel pump test wire so the alchy cannot be on without the fuel pump. Not sure I understand how this gets hooked up. I thought with a wiring diagram I could better understand it.

paul

:confused:

Paul,

I think Steve uses the fp test lead near the alt. I use the egr power (pink w/ blk stripe). This wire is keyed to ignition, and also powers the wastegate solenoid. If the something were to happen to the circuit and the alky pump isn't armed, at least no power would get to the wastegate solenoid either.

Mike

Run a wire from the fuel pump test wire, located near the alternator to the 30 amp relay post #86. That's all. 30 amp relays have the posts numbered. I think the fuel pump test wire is green. It's hot when the car is running because the fuel pump is running.

Thanks Steve. I keep mixing up that color. :confused: I installed the alky so long ago, I can't remember how I did it. :rolleyes: I don't have to keep messing with it 'cause it don't break. :p

Steve, you mention to install an inline fuse between the relay post 87 and alchy pump and another inline fuse between the 12v source from the alt. to the relay post 30/51.
I figure one fuse on the 12v side to the relay should protect it so was wondering if two fuses are really needed?
Thanks for your input!!

paul:)