Woah! Watch out for this new kind of paypal scam

AZ Vic

Hey all,

I do a lot of business on ebay and with paypal. I always check over ever confirmation email to make sure everything is right and all.

Well, tonight I get this one that says receipt for payment to Dell. So I open it thinking my wife bought something. It's a receipt for some mp3 player to Dell inc but it is not my shipping address.

Now, it has a convenient link to dispute the transaction...

I am always aware of the safety hazards and phishing (sp?) emails and would never click the link, but rather log in to my account the regular way but the first thing I did was over react to it.

Watch out for this one.

Oh, and I guess there is this new gift card scam going around too. People are selling a $500 gift card for home depot or whatever and they don't need it and are willing to sell it for 400 or 450. They will meet you at the store so you can verify it is the real deal. It is a real card with 500 dollars on it.

Here's the scam: They have a photo copy of the card's bar code and use it through the self check out line hours or minutes after they sell it to you.

Have a Merry Christmas everybody, and remember there are people everywhere looking to get their hands on your money any way they can!

Vic

did you hear about the lady that would trade 6000 cash for 4000 because she didnt like the serial numbers? Yep some dumb lady in a parking lot made the trade and got to the bank with alot of shredded paper. Some people are born stupid.

I just heard about the one that sends an auction for an item you are watching is ending soon message. It looks like eBay and that type of mail has a link that takes you to a fake eBay where you are asked to sign in but it is not really eBay and you just gave your info to a f-in thief

on a differnt note,,some 10yr old (i think) got caught making counterfite money on his printer,,he was only caught because the money was cut with a sissors(sp)

got to lend him my paper cut :rolleyes:

Also heard that someone was selling an XBOX 360 "BOX" on ebay. Yup, an empty box! Supposedly the bidding was up to $1000. :smile: Got to read the fine print.

We went through that here a few years ago with some ahole selling parts off his pos GN stuck in some mud in RI. I dont' remember what exactly he was selling (I think it was the valve caps) but the ad was totally misleading thinking you were bidding on the car. :mad:

BuickGn Boosted said:
Also heard that someone was selling an XBOX 360 "BOX" on ebay. Yup, an empty box! Supposedly the bidding was up to $1000. :smile: Got to read the fine print.

Yeah, I saw that one...

"caveat emptor"

(yeah, I know it's probably not how ya spell it, LOL)