WOLF VS H&R BAR 60' COMPARISON

BLACKHAWK

has anyone compared the wolf system vs hr bar in reference to 60' improvement between the two

Wolfe bars have seen 1.2 60 foots.......nuff said. :eek:
I would not worry about it untill you start making power. :biggrin:

I think if you got a car that runs 1.2 60' and faster, ya got a racecar on your hands and it would be silly to mess with anything less than a Wolfe style bar. But if you got a car that runs 1.30 and slower that you still like to play with on the street the HR bar is great. Every car I've seen with one launches nice and level, I like mine.

thanks

disco stu said:
I think if you got a car that runs 1.2 60' and faster, ya got a racecar on your hands and it would be silly to mess with anything less than a Wolfe style bar. But if you got a car that runs 1.30 and slower that you still like to play with on the street the HR bar is great. Every car I've seen with one launches nice and level, I like mine.
thanks john,i`m getting closer to have everything in order.

We all hear of the benefits of the HR bar in a straight line.

But...........

For us corner carvers, anybody have any quantifiable numbers for cornering i.e. - skidpad, roadcourse, "fleeing from the cops" through city streets ;) , etc...?

FBSideoiler427 said:
We all hear of the benefits of the HR bar in a straight line.

But...........

For us corner carvers, anybody have any quantifiable numbers for cornering i.e. - skidpad, roadcourse, "fleeing from the cops" through city streets ;) , etc...?

Our (HR) bar will be a HUGE advantage over ANY weld-in "Wolfe" bar on the street. We got cars & customers telling us they now corner like a slot car, or like it's on rails. No more sagging & swaying, just point it & it goes there. Point it straight & it goes there too :)

As for Dragstrip 60 ft times, we have a couple in the 1.2's, and looking for the 7 sec pass in '06 too :D If you want to compare a stock style suspension setup with our bar & the wolfe bar, you will get better results & hear happier customer feedback from our bar every time at any power level. Not to say people that use the "wolfe" style setups are not happy, they work to a point & better than nothing. Ours just works better. Now if you are going to compare weld-in bars & their performance numbers on a chassis car with a big tire, well ours won't fit those cars... yet ;) At lower HP levels & street use, we actually get even MORE positive feedback, probably because they won't drive another G-body or A-body without one! (actual customers words)

Just ask Nick Micale @ www.arizonagn.com
His "Before" picture all twisted out of shape was when he ran the "wolfe" style weld-in bar. Now he is faster, more controlled, with less noise & issues, and MUCH better for street use. Bruce Hunter is another one who got the wolfe bar & ended up going with ours, and is a LOT happier now. We replace a LOT of the weld-in ones :)

I know... Hard to believe from the manufacturer himself... Just trying to save you the heartache of doing something else. Got a LOT of positive feedback we plan to add to our new site coming up in a few weeks! Lots more pictures too :) Just got to figure out how to get them together faster without compromising anything.

HRpartsNstuff said:
His "Before" picture all twisted out of shape was when he ran the "wolfe" style weld-in bar.

I.M.O. No car will twist like the picture of Nicks car with a Wolfe bar....NO CAR!
I can understand you wanting to build up your product with words, but i think that statement is misleading for those that do not know better ;)

HRpartsNstuff said:
Our (HR) bar will be a HUGE advantage over ANY weld-in "Wolfe" bar on the street. We got cars & customers telling us they now corner like a slot car, or like it's on rails. No more sagging & swaying, just point it & it goes there. Point it straight & it goes there too :)

As for Dragstrip 60 ft times, we have a couple in the 1.2's, and looking for the 7 sec pass in '06 too :D If you want to compare a stock style suspension setup with our bar & the wolfe bar, you will get better results & hear happier customer feedback from our bar every time at any power level. Not to say people that use the "wolfe" style setups are not happy, they work to a point & better than nothing. Ours just works better. Now if you are going to compare weld-in bars & their performance numbers on a chassis car with a big tire, well ours won't fit those cars... yet ;) At lower HP levels & street use, we actually get even MORE positive feedback, probably because they won't drive another G-body or A-body without one! (actual customers words)

His "Before" picture all twisted out of shape was when he ran the "wolfe" style weld-in bar. Now he is faster, more controlled, with less noise & issues, and MUCH better for street use. Bruce Hunter is another one who got the wolfe bar & ended up going with ours, and is a LOT happier now. We replace a LOT of the weld-in ones :)

I know... Hard to believe from the manufacturer himself... Just trying to save you the heartache of doing something else. Got a LOT of positive feedback we plan to add to our new site coming up in a few weeks! Lots more pictures too :) Just got to figure out how to get them together faster without compromising anything.

I second that. His products, service and satisfaction is second to none!

Scott

Cheeseburger said:
I.M.O. No car will twist like the picture of Nicks car with a Wolfe bar....NO CAR!
I can understand you wanting to build up your product with words, but i think that statement is misleading for those that do not know better ;)

Yes we've all dealt with cheesburger before. And I think that YOU do not know better. Just my 2¢.

Scott

Scott4DMny said:
Yes we've all dealt with cheesburger before. And I think that YOU do not know better. Just my 2¢.

Scott

Hey Look who it is, the $20. crybaby. ;)

I knew enough to buy a Wolfe bar and not wait 2 years for another vendors bolt on job. ;)

What a cheapskate, couldnt even swap the part back for 20 bucks. Hey look its the 20 dollar baby scammer. Wait a minute. You had the money to buy a wolfe bar after your scamming people for 20 dollars on broken parts??? If you were a real scammer you'd come up with real cash. Hey look, it took me less time to put my HR Bar on. Whats that you say? Your still welding? No problem fatburger, I'll meet you at the track. America rules!

Scott

Just like to add that i think HR parts motor mounts are awesome.
The style of sway bar i have seen on late model trucks and i am sure it works great.
I just do not agree with misleading anyone to think that Wolfe "type" bars cause your car to twist all out of shape.......like the mentioned one above.
Only way to twist a car like that IMO is with NO SWAY BAR or a broken rear suspension.

Scott4DMny said:
What a cheapskate, couldnt even swap the part back for 20 bucks. Hey look its the 20 dollar baby scammer. Wait a minute. You had the money to buy a wolfe bar after your scamming people for 20 dollars on broken parts??? If you were a real scammer you'd come up with real cash. Hey look, it took me less time to put my HR Bar on. Whats that you say? Your still welding? No problem fatburger, I'll meet you at the track. America rules!

Scott

You must still be in high school.

I was told once "never argue with stupidity". :cool:

Cheeseburger said:
Just like to add that i think HR parts motor mounts are awesome.
The style of sway bar i have seen on late model trucks and i am sure it works great.
I just do not agree with misleading anyone to think that Wolfe "type" bars cause your car to twist all out of shape.......like the mentioned one above.
Only way to twist a car like that IMO is with NO SWAY BAR or a broken rear suspension.

I helped Nick install that H&R bar on his car, that was all he did to improve his launch. BTW the old bar is laying in the grass at Nicks house as a momento to his wheel lifting fun.

Scott4DMny said:
I second that. His products, service and satisfaction is second to none!

Scott

I third that. The HR bar is still on my wish list. I went a 1.47 on the 9.5 pass with the stock bar. ;)

let me relate my experience over a few years with the race car twisting and lifting upon launch. First, I certainly agree the rear bars MUST be attached to the frame, not the body.

The initial items we did were back seat braces and frame stiffening at the roll bar mounts. Like boxing the channel frame and reinforcing the lower control arm mounts.

Car was still twisting enough to crack the windshield. We then replaced all body bushings and welded an X member in the main roll bar hoop. Also removed the rubber mounts on the trans crossmember with alum pieces. This cured all the frame/body twisting.

When the frame was notched/mini-tubbed, a bar/pipe was welded across the frame rails.

With more power, the car was stiff but not twisting, however lifting like crazy - see pic on home page. This was solved by installing the HR Parts anti-roll bar. Just for info, to see how my car now launches, check the videos on my web site how straight and level it goes. Both videos show 9 sec., 1.3 60's.

You may not need to do all the things I did, but some, like the anti-roll bar, are a must-do.

As you can read the car inquestion had nothing like a Wolfe bar installed before the hr bar.

We run the Wolfe Bar on Chris's Race Car.

7.97 @ 175 with a 1.28 60, oh did I mention 3450Lbs.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/

That is us on the front page.

Please keep in mind I like Paul's Product very much and would consider it
on a lot of combinations, it is just not as proven with 1500 Plus HP.

The HR bar gave me almost 5mph thru the roundabout - the posted limit is 15mph & I upped from 27 - 28 to 33.