Wolfe Sway bar

SpeedBall

Hi, I am looking at the instructions for the sway bar and the picture isnt very clear.
Does anyone have a detailed Wolfe rear suspension install guide?
Thanks

I run the Wolfe bar in my car. It's a pretty straight forward install. Did you have any specific questions?

The bar can be installed in two locations...behind the coil spring with the arms facing forward or in front of the coil springs (close to the upper control arm cross brace) with the arms facing rearward.

The only difficult detail to watch is to make sure the mount tubes are tacked in place in such a way that they don't bind the bar as it's mounted. Once you tack the bar in place, rotate the sway bar to make sure it moves smoothly before welding.

One other quick note. I have to grind the mount tubes a little to get the bar to fit nicely and operate smoothly. I mounted mine in front of the coil spring and I suspect the frame is a tad narrower there than behind the housing, so a little trimming was needed.

The finished installed pics are on my site...URL listed in my sig below.

Give me a shout if you have any other questions...be glad to help.

good luck
Todd

I know All the mustangs I have seen with them had the bars facing rearwards.

Should I do the Sway bar first or the rame rails?
Sounds like you did both as well.

I would think doing the wolfe bar before hand would help hold things in place for the frame rail cutting????

Do the frame notch/welding first. The sway bar floats on the busings and doesn't really hold the frame in alignment side-to-side. I notched my frame and fully welded it before installing the sway bar. You run the risk of binding up the sway bar if you weld it first, then the frame as the frame might move/warp slightly was it is being welded. Weld the frame, let it move any that it may, then put the sway bar in.

good luck
Todd

Oh yea forgot about the ends on the bars. lol guess that wouldnt hold anything in place.

Thanks!!