Won't shift out of first

Bowtie Mafia

Hello everyone, so after a small joy ride after the winter under normal driving my car does not want to shift out of first. Eventually it will shift, but I have to get the rpms above 4,000 then completely let off the throttle. I have adjusted the TV cable and the problem still persists. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hello everyone, so after a small joy ride after the winter under normal driving my car does not want to shift out of first. Eventually it will shift, but I have to get the rpms above 4,000 then completely let off the throttle. I have adjusted the TV cable and the problem still persists. Any thoughts? Thanks.
As posted above, the spring in the Governor was thrown out. Sometimes the spring gets damaged and need to be replaced. If this is the case, I have replacements. Make sure to set the TV cable back to stock setting.

I dropped the pan and checked the governor, the spring was still in place so I put everything back together and it still won't shift.

What weight was the spring on. Heavy or light weight? 95% of the time from your description, the spring would be missing on the small weight, The consensus here agrees. A BR-F governor has one spring on small weight, but you never know. If it is on the small weight, give me a call.....

What weight was the spring on. Heavy or light weight? 95% of the time from your description, the spring would be missing on the small weight, The consensus here agrees. A BR-F governor has one spring on small weight, but you never know. If it is on the small weight, give me a call.....
Thanks, there was only one spring and it is on the smaller/lighter weight. I'll give you a call tomorrow.