WooHoo. First snowmobile kill of the winter.

mygrain

unregistered
I was cruising through my friends farm at about 830 thismorning on my 97 artic cat zr700 and and my friends brother starts following me. He has some sort of a ski doo, its a hideous mustard yellow. We get off the tractor feild into a corn feild that had just been harvested 2 days ago, so ther was 2 feet of corn stalks all through the feild. As soon as we got into the feild he pegged it and passed me. Im like Oh no you dont and floored it just as he got next to me. He pulled out a little on me but I realed him in at about 75. We exchanged a thumbs up and I headed home. I was freezing my ass off and my helmet was getting foggy.

Um, maybe. I never asked.

No, I dont want to hire a scuba diver toget it back if i sink it.

ski-doo, sea-doo suck, plain and simple. i prefer polaris ( own one of their pwc) but i woulda bought a cat if they were still making water craft. good kill! go kill some yamis to for me :)

Wait till this years yamaha comes out, 147 HP stock. Good luck beating one of those unless you have a thundercat or an xcr-800.

Bout time yamaha did something with theyre sled lineup.

Ohh and for you ski-doo haters :), My brothers 2001 xcr800 and my cousins 2002 mxzx 700 raced, I hate to tell u, but the ski-doo took him off the line and kept up till 90 or so :)

Ski-Doo vs. Polaris

I just bought a sled at the end of last year. A 1996 Polaris XCR 600 SP with a Delta V-Force reed kit and a studded track. I think the only thing that makes the SP special are the different pipes and maybe some bodywork. My nephew just bought a new Ski-Doo REV 600 HO. I'll probably get to run him this winter. My guess is I'll get my *ss handed to me. Any predictions? The Polaris is real clean and runs great. Had it out last weekend for a little bit. Couldn't go far, not enough snow. :D

i just got an artic cat f5 in august. this thing is nuts, i have been riding a piped and clutched 96 xlt for a few years, what a brick.
oh and that xcr800 your talking about, it's a tanker also.. this is the year for the cat ( f5 f7 ) polaris has the best sleds all around for riding ( under a 600cc ) but they ned to change their whole design... once the ski-doo rev gets worked out i will consider it..

check out redline snowmobiles..

Glad to see some other snowmobilers on the board!
No white stuff in central IL. yet, but we have all winter ahead of us!
I have a '98 ZR600efi Arctic Cat. My wife has a '03 Z440esr
She wants to sell her old sled, its a'96 Puma 340 elec. start.
It is studded,has the anti-roll bar,skid plate,and a Black Magic clutch kit,2500miles.

I have no sled since I wrecked mine last year, it used to be a 600 FormulaIII, now its scrap.
If had the cash I would have an F7 in my garage right now. I have a friend with the new Yamaha RX1, he had it going 125mph and claims it was still pulling, but said the low end is a little dissapointing. I think with a clutch kit and some lower gears it will scream. 200hp out of that motor should not be too hard.

dude, there is a 96 formula 3 670 long track on ebay right now.
the guy is in redford, he has buy it now for $2250
4500 miles, starts right up
new track
has a stinger triple exhaust

let me know i talked to this guy on the phone

oh and that rx1, talk about a brick... after riding my new sled, i see how much a differance less weight means..
my little 500 will run the best of them, maybe look at the new polaris x sno pro sled.. but i think it's $7k
i bought my f5 in august for $5500 out the door and i got a discount on a helmet

Jeez, that much money? I traded mine for an 88 caprice 9C1 police car in August. I bought the car for $775. :D :cool:

polaris PRO-X800 nuff said. polaris has #1 sales in sleds and theres a reason for that.

Too bad Polaris never comes in first in SnoCross. Seems all I ever see is Cats or Doos.
All of a sudden Polaris looks like a dinosaur next to the REV, F7, and RX1. If they dont come up with something their marketshare will disappear. Their four stroke sled is worthless and they have no type of fuel management system for their sleds.
I dont hate Polaris I just prefer Cats and Doos. Polaris is not as big in MI as it is out east and in the West.
Now if you wanna talk ATV's thats a different story. Go Polaris:D

yes the pro-x is an awsome sled! Polaris is a company on the move with lots of great looking products, made in the good ol USA not japanese not canadian. i cant wait to get my hands on the new MSX-150 turbo intercooled pwc to replace my trusty 01 virage tx 1200